Best of 2017. Recipes and Posts that were popular this year. 17 Best Vegan Recipes 2017 from the blog. Garlic Sauce with Cajun Cauliflower, Scalloped Potatoes, Butter Tofu, Tiramisu Fudge Bars and more. Gluten-free options
Its that time of the year again. The date is changing and I will be writing 2017 for a few weeks before it finally settles.
Its been a busy year (The second book work pretty much took up more time than I had), but we did get a break now around the Holidays. Recharging and chilling (in the cold and snow), and excited about 2018.
135 Posts in 2017! 130 new Recipes.
81 Videos on Youtube. Longer videos to come in 2018.
2018 will see more of similar flavorful food, some simple everyday recipes, some new cuisines and styles to try out new flavors and textures, some regional Indian fare (Indian sub-cuisines, so much more to learn!) with new ingredients, Instant Pot cooking, and more video types(narration, live etc). Have something you’d like me to try next year, let me know in the comments. What were your favorite posts from the blog?
Here are the top 17 posts from 2017 in order of popularity.
The most popular – Garlic Pasta with Cajun Cauliflower– So Good. Cauliflower game still strong.
35 Kid Friendly Recipes– round ups are great to have a small set together.
Butter Tofu “Paneer”. Make this Indian butter sauce!
20+ Instant Pot Recipes, obviously
Scalloped potatoes with Jamaican curry spices. So much flavor
40 Party food recipes, perfect for NYE
Tiramisu Fudge Bars – so good.
Grilled Portobello with Garlic Sauce. a fave around the holidays.
Banana French Toast. So easy and popular with everyone.
Mango Curry Chickpeas. Cant beat mango in this curry.
Sticky ginger Sesame Tofu with maple syrup. 1 Pot and Delicious
Vegan Banana Bread with toasted coconut and walnuts .Toasted coconut and walnuts take this banana bread to the next level.
Sweet Potato PB Curry with veggies. Fridge clean up
PB Chickpea Cookie Pie. Super quick.
Tofu & Brown Rice Noodles in hoisin sauce. Easy weeknight dinner
Turmeric lentil fritters bowl with tahini dill dressing. Make a bowl or wrap.
Chickpea Spinach Pie with Berbere . So easy and great for entertaining.
Spiced Roasted Cauliflower and Tofu in Green Masala Sauce. This cilantro spinach sauce is addictive!
2017 was also the year we added more organizations to our charity page. Between donations from the books, blog and hubbs, we supported the following projects and organizations.
- Many dogs and cats were saved from the meat trade in North-eastern India (HAI)
- Elephant Rescue and Rehabilitation, Logging, circus begging and temple eles. (Wildlife SOS)
- Wildlife Care center, Sanctuary and Care for Elephants, Bears, Camels, Cows, Goats, Pigs and many more by Karuna society. (HAI)
- Vegan meals for children, humane education, stray dog/cat sterilization, Modern Veterinary training and set up across groups in India and Nepal (HAI)
- Ongoing work in issues in food production, sustainability, fair trade, depletion of natural resources, the unavailability of healthy foods in communities of color and low-income areas, child labor and animal abuse by Food Empowerment Project. (US)
- Wild Animal (lions, bears) Rescues and care from war torn countries and abuse situations. (Four Paws International)
- Community issues, rescue, help, care for animals in Africa based on local needs. (Animal Kind International)
- Pigs Peace Sanctuary, Old Dog Haven for senior dogs (US)
- Education, school, support for children in (rural, underprivileged, other) by Asha for Education (India).
We keep looking for amazing organizations that are run efficiently, are motivated and focused on their causes, have the bigger picture in mind and have amazing people who are part of the org. Have some favorites?, leave them in the comments on this post.
Its been a memorable year in many ways. I am looking forward to be motivated to work more on the blog, more contribution outside of the blog, finding solutions for my self to feel confident on handling life with my limitations, and finding paths/actions for the human and animal issues.
Thank you for being around this year, Thank you for the support and love. Sending you all boatloads of love, health, and happiness in 2018. Happy New Year! See you on the other side. ♥♥