This Sesame Garlic Broccoli needs just 6 ingredients. It is vibrant with blanched broccoli and delicious with a simple dressing of garlic roasted with sesame oil. A perfect side. Vegan glutenfree nutfree recipe. Jump to Recipe
If you like broccoli, you will LOVE this simple 6 ingredient garlicky broccoli. Broccoli is blanched then mixed with slowly roasted garlic + sesame oil dressing. The key to amazing flavor is just the right golden brown garlic. Cook it over low heat so it doesn’t burn. Add some crisped tofu and more soy sauce to make a meal!
Broccoli is one of those vegetables that divides the house. There are some that absolutely adore it in any shape and form, and some (read me) that need it generally chopped up in some format with loads of flavor. I used to not like broccoli, then I made dishes like broccoli fritters and broccoli veggie balls and slowly appreciated the vegetable. 🙂 Chop the broccoli smaller or larger for this recipe. The Garlic sesame flavor works amazingly well here.
More ways to add broccoli to your Meals!
- Cheesy Broccoli Balls with Marinara
- Sweet and Sour Chickpeas and Broccoli GF
- Roasted Broccoli with basil cashew dressing GF
- Broccoli Chickpea Flatbread Paratha
- Creamy Broccoli Soup. GF
- Chipotle Broccoli Chickpea Fritters. GF
- Broccoli Zunka – Broccoli Stir fry with Chickpea flour and spices. GF
- Broccoli Cauliflower Rice. GF
Sesame Garlic Broccoli
- 2 (2 ) small heads of broccoli , cut into florets
- 2 tsp (2 tsp) oil
- 2 (2 ) large cloves of garlic , finely chopped or thin small slices
- 1 tsp (1 tsp) sesame oil
- 2 tsp (2 tsp) sesame seeds
- 2 tsp (2 tsp) soy sauce , use tamari for glutenfree, coconut aminos for soyfree
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp (1 tbsp) water
- (NaN ) sesame seeds and red pepper flakes for garnish , while and black sesame seeds
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add a generous pinch of salt. Add the broccoli and cook for 3 to 5 mins (depends on the size of the florets and amount of florets to water).
- Once the broccoli is bright green, take off heat, drain and wash with cold water.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium low heat. Once the oil is hot, add garlic, reduce heat to low. Mix well and cook until the garlic is golden. 4 to 5 mins. (Slow cooking the garlic will roast it without burning).
- Add sesame seeds and sesame oil and continue to cook until the seeds start to change color.
- Add soy sauce, red pepper flakes and mix well for a few seconds. Add a tbsp of water and mix and take off heat.
- Drizzle over broccoli or add broccoli to the skillet and mix well. Add a dash of salt and pepper to taste. Serve.