These Vegan Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies need 1 Bowl, just 8 Ingredients and are ready within 30 Minutes. No refined sugar, no Oil. They are melt in your mouth, hearty cookies. Easily made Gluten-free. Vegan Soyfree Recipe. Jump to Recipe
There’s something about Peanut butter, chocolate chips and oats in a cookie. Its nutty, hearty with the oats and chocolate because well chocolate. These cookies are a cross between my almond butter oatmeal cookies and sunbutter chocolate chip oatmeal cookies. These need just 1 Bowl and 8 Ingredients! No vegan butter or oil, no refined sugar, no whipping or electric mixer needed!
Add spices of choice for variation, add some toasted nuts and seeds to make these into Breakfast Or Snack Cookies. These Cookies have no added refined sugar (if you use sugar free chocolate or dried fruit like raisins, currants, blueberries or cranberries) and No added oil (depends on your nut butter). Before it gets too hot to bake, lets make these super Easy and Super Delicious Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies!
For a nutfree version try my sunbutter Oatmeal cookies. These cookies can easily be made without gluten, use certified gf oats and a gf blend.
More Cookies from the blog
- Chocolate Tahini Cookies. Grainfree. Nutfree
- Cinnamon Roll Cookies. No Oil
- PB Chickpea Cookie Pie- Can be nut-free. GF
- Lemon Chia Cookies. GF option
- Cardamom Snikerdoodles. GF option
- Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies. GF
- Almond Butter Oatmeal Cookies. GF oil-free
- Ginger Tahini Cookies GF option
Step by Step photos:
Assemble the ingredients. Warm the non dairy milk. That will help mix the nut butter into the wet ingredients more easily.
Mix all the wet ingredients until smooth.
Fold in the flour and oats and mix in, then fold in the chocolate chips to make a soft cookie dough. If it starts to feel too stiff, add in sprinkles of non dairy milk or oil.
Scoop and flatten onto parchment lined baking sheet.
Bake to preferred crispness, a minute less for softer and a minute more for crispier.
Store on the counter for a few days or refrigerate for longer.
Tips to make your favorite nut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
- These cookies work with most all nut butters.
- Nut butters have varying consistency from smooth drippy (almond butter) to thick peanut butter. If the nut butter is too thick/stiff keep it outside to come to room temperature before using.
- Depending on the nut butter consistency you will need a few tbsp more or less flour in the dough. The dough maybe soft or slightly stiff. If it starts to feel too stiff, add in sprinkles of non dairy milk or oil to make it easier to handle.
- Bake time depends on the oven, nut butter and your preference of crisp, soft texture. Play around with each batch to find the right time to bake all the next batches!
Vegan Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup (129 g) smooth peanut butter
- 1/3 cup (3.79 oz) maple syrup
- 2 tbsp (2 tbsp) warmed non dairy milk , such as almond, soy or coconut
- 1 tsp (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (60.75 g) old fashioned oats , use certified gluten-free if needed
- 3/4 cup (93.75 g) flour , I use a mix of all purpose and wheat. Use Oat flour or gf blend for glutenfree
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) baking soda
- 1/3 tsp (0.33 tsp) salt
- 1/3 cup (60 g) vegan chocolate chips , use dried fruit like raisins, currants, blueberries or cranberries for no chocolate
- Line a baking sheet with parchment. Preheat the oven to 350 deg F ( 180 C)
- Mix the peanut butter, maple, warmed non dairy milk and vanilla until smooth. it will take a minute to combine. (The warm milk will help the nut butter mix in more easily).
- Mix the baking soda and salt into 1/2 cup flour. Add the mixed flour and oats to the nut butter bowl and mix well. Add spices such as cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice if you wish
- Add more flour if the mixture is too sticky. Depends on the flour and the nut butter. I need 2 to 4 tbsp more * .Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Bring the dough together. Use a 1.5 tbsp cookie scooop and scoop onto parchment lined baking sheet.
- Press each scoop down to flatten. Add some chocolate chips on top if needed.
- Bake at 350 F for 12 to 14 mins, longer for crispier. Cool for 5 mins, then remove from the pan and cool completely.Store on the counter for upto 5 days. Refrigerate for freshness for upto 2 weeks.