This Vegan Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal has roasted carrots,, spices, nuts, dates and Oats! Crisp on the outside and spiced, delicious carrot cake like inside. No Added oil. Vegan Soyfree Recipe. Easily nutfree, gluten-free with glutenfree oats. Jump to Recipe
You know whats not the iffy texture of oatmeal? Baked oatmeal!! (We clearly aren’t gluey oatmeal fans over here :D) And to the baked version, you add all the fix ins of carrot cake. Bliss.
Shredded carrots are baked to make them sweeter, then the oats, nuts, spices, dates and coconut mixed in. Then some non dairy milk and maple to bring everything together, and bake. This oatmeal is flexible to additions, Add some pineapple, some chia seeds, some lemon zest for variation. Top with pecans or streusel. This baked oatmeal doesnt use any added oil, or flours. Use certified gluten-free oats to make this gluten-free.
Ingredients for Vegan Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal
- Grated or shredded carrots. Shred the carrots to preference of size. I roast the carrots for some mins before adding the rest of the ingredients. This helps carrots become sweeter and more candied. The roasting step is optional. If roasting, you will need thicker carrots as they shrink. If not roasting, or you want undetectable carrots in the oatmeal, shred them small.
- Old fashioned oats make up the bulk. Use certified gluten-free oats if needed. Chopped nuts such as pecans or walnuts, dried fruit such as raisins or chopped dates, some shredded coconut to add some fat and caramel flavor, seeds or other additions make up the rest of the dry volume ingredients.
- Flavor comes from ground cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract. a pinch of salt to balance the sweet, Baking powder to make a lighter oatmeal.
- Non dairy milk such as coconut milk or almond milk works well.
- I use maple syrup for sweetness, you can use other sweeteners, sugar of choice.
- Finally, some optional coconut sugar + cinnamon for topping. This adds more spice and caramel flavor and a nice crisp topping. You can also mix in some pecans with the cinnamon sugar and spread those on top.
How to serve this Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal
- Serve the baked oatmeal with one or more of whipped coconut cream, maple syrup, vegan butter, fruits, compote or other toppings of choice.
- You can also serve the oatmeal with cold non dairy milk.
Step by Step Photos:
Assemble the ingredients. Shred the carrots, add to a baking dish and bake for a few mins. Meanwhile, mix the rest of the dry ingredients in a bowl. Add to the baking dish and mix well.
Add the non dairy milk, maple syrup and vanilla and mix to make a wet oatmeal mixture. Even it out and bake until crisp. Serve with whipped coconut cream or ice cream or maple syrup.
More Sweet Breakfast Options
- Cinnamon Streusel Pancakes
- Chocolate Cake for 2, Chocolate Pancakes with ganache.
- Tiramisu Pancakes.
- Almond Butter Blondies with Chocolate Chips
- Banana French Toast
- Chickpea Flour Frittata
- Savory Oats Hash
- Chickpea Chilaquiles
- Sweet Potato Hash
- Scrambled Tofu with Indian Spices
Vegan Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal
- 2 cups (256 g) lightly packed grated carrots (Use 1.5 cups if skipping the roasting step (step 1))
- 1.5 cups (121.5 g) old fashioned oats , use certified gluten-free if needed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice or a mix of cinnamon and nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) salt
- 3 tbsp chopped pecans or walnuts
- 2 tbsp raisins or chopped dates
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut
- optional add ins: 1-2 tbsp seeds of choice such chia or pumpkin
- 1 cup (236.59 ml) non dairy milk such as coconut or almond
- 1 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (59.15 ml) maple syrup
- 1 tsp coconut sugar + 1/4 tsp cinnamon for topping , optional
- whipped coconut cream ,maple syrup, fruits or vegan butter for serving
- Add carrots to a greased baking dish. Bake at 375 F ( 190 C) for 15-17 mins . Skip this step for faster recipe, or less roasted carrot. Reduce the oven temperature to 350 F(180 C).
- Meanwhile, mix the oats with the rest of the dry ingredients(baking powder through coconut/seeds) in a bowl.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven. Add the oats mixture and mix in.
- Add the milk, maple and vanilla and mix, press and mix. If the mixture starts drying out, add 1-2 tbsp more milk. Even it out.
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar (optional) on top and Bake for 30 to 35 mins (depending on preference of texture of the baked oatmeal). Let it sit for a few mins, then serve warm with maple syrup, or whipped coconut cream, fruit/fruit compote or vegan butter.