20 Vegan Curry Recipes to Make Now! Indian, Japanese, Jamaican, Sri Lankan Curries with lentils, chickpeas, beans, veggies, tofu and more. Gluten-free, Nut-free options, Soy-free options
Its Curry week! Try some of these fabulous curries from all around the world! With various beans, tofu, protein, with and without tomato, gluten-free, nut-free options, soy-free options.
Vegan Curry Recipes – Options for Gluten-free Soy-free Nut-free
- Cauliflower Pea Curry – Baked – Soy-free, Nut-free
- Chickpeas in Turmeric Peanut Sauce – Soy-free, Nut-free option
- Avial- South Indian Veggie Coconut Curry – Soy-free, Nut-free
- Japanese Curry – Nut-free, Soy-free option
- West African Inspired Lentil Peanut Stew – Soy-free,
- Butter Tofu Curry – Soy-free Option, Nut-free option
- Palak Tofu – tofu in spinach curry – Soy-free option, Nut-free option
- Jamaican Lentil Bean Curry – Soy-free, Nut-free
Curry, is a broad term, generally used for a veggies, meats etc cooked in spiced sauce. The meaning and how the term is used also varies significantly based on the region/country. If you look on general online dictionaries for the definition of curry, it says that Curries are dishes originating in the Indian sub-continent. But when you order general curry in restaurants or look online, many of those curries are general curries, i e something cooked in spiced sauce, often using curry powder(which is not Indian), and the preparation is not Indian as well. In fact, Indian food either does not use the term curry at all, or uses it to mean sauce or base. There are Indian names for the curries and the spice blends used in curries, which differ based on region.
There are curries that are inspired from various cuisines and westernized, and there are curries are traditional to certain cuisines, and then there are curries that are just made up however you like. Here are few of all the above. For eg, Palak Tofu is a traditional spinach curry, while Chickpeas in Peanut Curry is a made up chickpea curry with a spiced nutty sauce and does not belong to a particular cuisine.
- Cauliflower Tikka Masala – Soy-free, Nut-free option
- Chickpea Coconut Curry -Soy-free, Nut-free, tomato-free
- Red Lentil Butternut Coconut Curry– Soy-free, Nut-free
- Lentil Sweet Potato Curry – Soy-free Nut-free
- Massaman Curry Vegetables – Soy-free option, Nut-free option
- Mango Curry Chickpeas – Soy-free, Nut-free
- Brown Chickpea Curry – Soy-free, Nut-free
- Laksa Curry – Soy-free, Nut-free
- Sri Lankan Lentil Curry – Soy-free, Nutfree
- Tofu Lababdar – Soy-free option, Nut-free option
- Black Eyed Pea Cauliflower Curry – Soy-free, Nut-free
- Cauliflower Kofta Curry -Soy-free, Nut-free option
More warming soups and stews here.
Want to learn more about various cuisines and cooking techniques, get my cookbooks!