This Tofu “Egg” Salad Sandwich comes together in 5 minutes, uses pantry ingredients, is super easy. Vegan Egg-less Recipe. Quick Tofu Egg Salad Sandwich Breakfast or Lunch.
The other day, I wanted a really simple breakfast, so I crumbled up the tofu and added the general spices I would add to a scramble and served it in a sandwich with my spicy mustard dip.
Hubbs tried some and exclaimed.. ooh this is so much like scrambled eggs. I was like, why haven’t we done this before. Hubbs ate the whole bowl by himself and I had to make more..
This is a great base recipe, add crunchy veggies, cheese or other flavors to taste.
Now if only i could find a gluten-free vegan bread that looks that good.
More savory breakfast options from the blog.
- Chickpea Flour Vegan Omelet. Eggless Soy-free
- Vegan Breakfast Burrito Recipe With Tofu Scramble, Spiced Potatoes
- Savory Chickpea Flour Waffles; Pakora Waffles
- Tofu Scramble and Scramble Seasoning
- Savory Oats Hash -Indian Oats Poha Upma
Steps to make Vegan Tofu egg salad sandwich
scramble ready, dip ready, greens ready. Sandwich !
Toast the bread before making the sandwich if you like.
5 minute Tofu "Egg" Salad Sandwich
For the Tofu Salad
- 14 oz (396.89 g) firm Tofu
- 1.5 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 to 3/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp Indian Black Salt Kala Namak
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) or more chipotle pepper powder or other hot chili powder
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) paprika optional
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) onion powder
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp scallions or cilantro
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) or more freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) or more salt
- 1 to 2 tablespoons vegan mayo or vegan yogurt or cashew cream
- Add 1/4 tsp dijon mustard , add 2 tbsp chopped celery for variation
For the Sandwich
- Bread Slices
- Spicy mustard or vegan mayo
- Press the Tofu between your hands to remove some not all excess liquid. Crumble the Tofu into a large bowl with your hands
- Add all the ingredients through cilantro and mix well. Taste and adjust to preference. Depending on your tofu(some brands need more flavors), you might need more of the spices, salt or lemon . Chill until ready to serve. Before serving, dress with a very liberal sprinkle of freshly ground pepper! and salt to taste. Tastes best after chilling for some time.
Make the Sandwich
- (Toast the slices if you like them toasted). Layer spicy mustard dip or dijon mustard or vegan mayo on the slice. Add greens, a good layer of tofu scramble salad. and serve.
Use chickpea flour tofu or other Soyfree tofu instead. Nutritional information based on one serving