Almond Oat Bars topped with apple blueberry crumble. These bars make for a perfect snack with the protein and heart healthy fats. Vegan Recipe. Jump to Recipe
Happy Oct 1st… 2 very important things starting today…
Almond Oat Bars Topped With Apple Blueberry Crumble
- 1/2 cup (71.5 g) almonds
- 1/2 cup (40.5 g) oats
- 1/2 cup (62.5 g) self rising flour
- 1/4 cup (30 g) whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 Tablespoon flax meal
- 1 Tablespoon Vegan butter
- 2 Tablespoons organic Canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) cardamom powder or cinnamon or allspice depending on your spice of choice
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) baking powder
- 3 Tablespoons raw sugar or Jaggery
- 3 Tablespoons agave syrup
- 6-8 Tablespoons (6 Tablespoons) warm water
Top: Make more or less crumble as needed.
- 1/2 (0.5 ) a medium Apple
- 2 Tablespoons blueberries
- 1/4 cup (62.5 ml) water
- 2 Tablespoons raw sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) cardamom powder or leave it out if you dont want the cardamom overdose
- 5-6 Tablespoons (5 Tablespoons) Oats
- 1 Tablespoon Virgin Coconut oil or canola oil
- 1/3 cup (41.67 g) self rising flour
- Blend/grind the almonds and cardamom to make almond flour. Grind in 15 second pulses or you might get almond butter:)
- Blend the oats into coarse oatmeal and keep aside.
- In a bowl add 6 Tablespoons warm water , flax, sugar, softened butter , oil, agave and mix well. Let mixture sit for 2 minutes in between if the butter doesnt combine and mix again.
- Add in the oats, almond flours, salt, baking soda and self rising and wheat flour and mix until just about combined.
- Add more water if needed to get a thick batter(more like a stiff cookie batter, not a flowy cake batter). Keep 2 Tablespoons of the batter to add to the top crumble.
- Drop and spread batter evenly in parchment lined pan.
- For the crumble, blend apple, blueberries, water, cardamom and sugar into a puree. Some small apple pieces are fine.
- Give the puree a boil on low heat and simmer for another minute till it thickens.
- Once the puree is cooled to a warm state, add the rest of the ingredients and the reserve almond batter to make a crumble muffin batter. Add more water if needed to make it easier to spread( since this quantity is for a thin layer on top). You can also double the crumble and just drop on top.
- Drop this on top the almond oat bottom and spread evenly.
- Bake at preheated 350 degrees F for 25-35(depending on thickness) minutes until toothpick inserted comes out almost clean or the sides start to brown.
- Let cool in pan for 5 minutes then remove parchment and cool on wire rack for another 10 minutes before slicing! Enjoy these snack bars anytime of the day!
Bloc de recetas
Bon a croquer
Hobby And More
My Twisted Recipes
Parsley, Sage, Desserts and Line Drives
Skip to Malou
Teaspoon of Spice
The Daily Palette
The Spicy RD
Versatile Vegetarian Kitchen