Potato Cauliflower Patties Vegan Recipe. Easy Cauliflower croquettes, pan fried or Baked. Use up leftover Mashed Potatoes / Veggies. Soyfree Nutfree. 30 mins! Can be glutenfree. Jump to Recipe
Got leftover mashed potatoes or other mashed veggies? Make these Veggie Patties!
These patties are easy and come together quickly. Prep your mashed potatoes. Lightly cook the grated cauliflower and carrots on a skillet. Combine with the mashed potatoes and herbs. Shape and bake or pan-fry! These croquettes can be served with ketchup, chutney or gravy.
I use a cookie cuter to shape these into small sturdy patties. Shape as you like. Lets make some delicious veggie patties.
More Apps to try!
- Jalapeno Popper Dip.
- Potato Sweet Potato Latkes Fritters GF OPTION
- Vegan Spinach Pinwheels with Cream Cheese SF
- Chickpea Spinach Pie with Berbere Spice SF
- Elote dip – mexican black bean and corn salad. GF SF
- Pizza Dip with cashew Mozzarella. GF SF
Potato Cauliflower Patties Vegan Recipe
- 2 medium potatoes cooked (or use 1 heaping cup leftover mashed potatoes)
- 1/2 (0.5 ) medium onion , chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic ,finely chopped, or use 1/2 tsp garlic powder and add with salt
- 1 jalapeno ,finely chopped
- 1 cup (107 g) packed grated cauliflower
- 1/4 cup (32 g) grated carrots
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) basil
- 1 tbsp fresh or dried chives
- 3/4 tsp (0.75 tsp) salt
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) black pepper
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp flax meal mixed with 2.5 tbsp water)
- 1/3 cup (36 g) breadcrumbs + 1/4 cup more for coating (optional)
- Cook the potatoes if you havent already by boiling or steaming, then mashing. or measure 1 cup leftover mashed potatoes and set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, jalapeno and a pinch of salt. Cook for 4 to 5 mins until golden.
- Add cauliflower, carrots. and a pinch of salt and cook for another 3 mins. Take off heat to cool.
- In a bowl, add the mashed potatoes. Add the cauliflower mixture, herbs, salt and pepper. Mix well. Add the flax meal and breadcrumbs and mix well. (Chill the mixture for 20-30 mins if planning to pan fry).
- Make small 1 to 1.5 inch patties.. I use a cookie cutter then pack the mixture in it, release and shape more. Roll the patties in some more breadcrumbs to coat (this is optional)
- Pan fry over medium heat for 3 to 4 mins per side, Or bake at 425 deg F (220 deg C) for 25 mins. Flip the patties half way. Serve with sauces/dips of choice.