On this page you will find resources I use currently or plan to use on the blog. See this post on how to start a blog to set up your blog/website.
Resources for food bloggers.
1. Set Up Google Tools
All of these tools are free!
- Google Analytics: helps you track blog traffic. There are wordpress plugins to do this as well.
- Webmaster Tools: Now Called Search Console, makes sure your website is up and running. You can check the console for crawl errors, server errors, searchability etc.
- Feedburner: allows your visitors to subscribe to your posts by RSS or email. There are other tools for WordPress that are customizable ( emails, designs, frequency etc). See the Software and Tools Section.
2. Set up wordpress Plugins
There are a few plugins there are helpful to get
- Akismet: this plugin will filters out spam comments. Believe you me, there are tons of spam comments!
- Easy Recipe or Easy Recipe Plus: This plugin formats your recipes for SEO (search engine optimization). This plugin will help your recipe’s photo you choose in the plugin, show up in the search results.
- Yoast SEO: SEO is complicated and takes up a lot of work. This plugin simplifies most of it. Follow the set up instructions and use features accordingly for better SEO for your posts.
3. Software and Tools
- Email subscription: MadMimi, Mailchimp, Aweber are a few I know of. Several bloggers use one or the other. I still use Feedburner, so I cannot personally compare these.
- Caching to speed up the blog: You can use w3 cache plugin for caching or use Sitelock CDN with bluehost. Sitelock also provides security, monitoring and accelerates website performance. I use Sitelock.
I currently use Canon EOS 6D with Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro . From experience I know that a good quality lens takes the photos from good to wow. You can find a refurbished camera body to save some, and invest in a good lens.
Work in Progress..
Other great Reads:
*** This page has some affiliate links. That means I make a small percentage off sales. I recommend things that I personally Use.