Strawberry Beet Semolina oats Laddoo (Indian Sweet). These fun little sweets are easy to adapt with different spices and fruits. Vegan and Gluten Free Recipe. Jump to Recipe
Strawberries in Laddoos.. why not! I put some strawberries and added a little beet to intensify the color.. get me some pinky carmine goodness! These are a fun vegan laddoo(Indian sweet) and not too sweet. You can adjust the sweetness, spices( variations with cardamom, cinnamon, saffron etc) and try other fruits as well!. A Mango Laddoo would be fun too!
Strawberry Beet Semolina Oats Laddoo (Indian Sweet, Vegan)
- 2 strawberries
- half an inch cube of of beet 1 tablespoon chopped beet
- 2 tablespoons raw granulated turbinado sugar
- 1 teaspoon vegan butter
- 6-7 (6 ) raw cashews broken into pieces
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 3 tablespoons Semolina Rava
- 2 tablespoons Oats
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) cardamom powder
- 2-3 tablespoons (2 tablespoons) water or almond milk
- Blend and puree the Strawberries and beet with sugar and a teaspoon or 2 of water till nicely pureed.
- Add in the oats and blend again to get a thick paste.
- In a pan, add the butter and heat on medium low heat till it melts.
- Add in the cashews and raisins and cook for 2 minutes till cashews start to turn golden.
- Add in the semolina in the pan and roast for 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the cardamom powder and strawberry beet and oats puree and mix well stirring continuously.
- If the mixture doesnt come together, then add a little water or almond milk.
- Take off the heat after a minute and let it sit and cool for 5 minutes.
- Shape the mixture into small spheres and serve! I got about 8 small inch rounds!
- Store in airtight container in the refrigerator for a few days.