I made these cute little baked potato tikki/cutlets with leftover Chana masala, boiled potato, Breadcrumbs and spices!. You can add any veggie leftovers like beans, sweet potatoes, risotto, cooked quinoa, thick soup etc. Jump to Recipe
Tikki. Potato, chickpea, breadcrumbs patties. Vegan, glutenfree option
- 2 medium potatoes
- 2/3 cup (86.67 g) leftover Chana masala/chole or other not too wet veggie leftovers
- 2 slices whole wheat bread made into crumbs or use glutenfree bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup (40.5 g) oats ground coarsely
- 1 inch ginger finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped or minced
- 1 chili pepper chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves chopped
- 1 teaspoon garam masala or other fave herbs or spice blend mix
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) carom seeds Ajwain, optional
- 3/4 teaspoon (0.75 teaspoon) salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) or more rock salt kala namak or anardana powder(pomegranate seed)
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- Mash the potatoes and leftovers to get a well mashed mix.
- Add in all the other ingredients and mix well to get a non wet mix which can come together. Add more breadcrumbs or oats if needed.
- Taste the mix and adjust salt and spice.
- Form in to patties and place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-25 minutes depending on size and wetness of the patty. till the outside is dry and golden. You can also shallow fry the patties.
- Serve hot with fave sauces, sriracha, or cilantro chutney, some side salad and a coffee or juice. You can also put these between mini buns and top with lettuce and some ketchup or miso mayo!