Wheat and lentil bread is is a tasty alternative to store bought! Jump to Recipe
Wheat and lentil bread
- 1.5 cups (180 g) whole wheat flour
- 1 cup (198 g) boiled lentils i used yellow mung bean as it cooks quickly
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) salt
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) garlic flakes
- 2 tsp oil
- 2 tsp melted butter
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- Boil lentils and cool.
- Mash the lentils and add salt, chili and garlic flakes
- Sift the wheat flour and baking powder.
- Make dough of flour, oil, lentil mix and water.
- Let it stand for 10 mins and knead again.
- Make a loaf and bake on baking sheet for 45 minutes at 350 degrees F / 180ºc.
- Brush melted butter on top to keep it soft.
- Some flaxseed can be sprinkled on the top and also added in the dough for some extra texture.