A simple and delicious white bread recipe that’s great for everyday sandwiches or toast. Vegan and Nut Free. Jump to Recipe
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 cup (4.4 oz) all purpose flour or more for kneading
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoons oil for greasing containers
- 1 cup (8.8 oz) water
- 1.5 teaspoons active yeast
- Warm the water to about 110 degrees F and mix in the yeast and sugar in it
- Let the mixture sit for 10 minutes till it is frothy.
- In a large pan, add the all purpose flour and salt and mix well.
- Add in the yeast mixture and olive oil and blend well.
- Add in the bread flour 1 cup at a time to knead into a soft dough.
- Place dough in a well oiled container, covered( with a towel or plastic wrap) , in a warm oven for about an hour. or until doubled.
- Take the dough and knead it well on a well floured surface for about 5 minutes.
- Place dough again in a well oiled container, covered and in a warm oven, to rise for about half an hour.
- Knead again for 5 minutes and let rise(in the bread pan) for another half hour. Multiple kneadings releases and aligns the gluten and gives a nice stranded bread.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until golden brown and hollow to touch.
- Brush melted butter on top.
- Cool on rack before slicing!