Vegetable Hakka Noodles - 1 Pot Indo Chinese Noodles
Easy 1 Pot Vegetable Hakka Noodles. Indo Chinese Hakka Noodles with peppers, onions, cabbage, carrots and a simple sauce. Vegan Nutfree Recipe. Can be gluten-free with gluten-free noodles
- 6 to 7 oz Hakka Noodles or ramen or soba
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 small onion thinly sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger finely chopped
- 1/2 red and 1/2 green bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced cabbage
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced or julienned carrots
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp or more sambal oelek or use sriracha or other chile garlic sauce of choice
- 1 tbsp water
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- scallions for garnish
Cook the noodles according to instructions and keep aside.
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. When hot, Add the onions, garlic, ginger, mix and cook until translucent. 1-2 minutes.
Add the rest of the veggies, a pinch of salt and cook until golden on some edges. 2 to 3 minutes.
Meanwhile, mix the soy sauce, vinegar, chili sauce, water in a bowl. Add this to the skillet and mix well.
Add the cooked noodles and toss well to combine. Add salt and pepper generously and mix to combine. Taste and adjust salt, heat and black pepper. Flaked black pepper works best in the noodles rather than ground.
Cover and cook for a minute. garnish with scallions/green onions and serve.
Calories: 420kcal | Carbohydrates: 86g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 5g | Sodium: 518mg | Potassium: 354mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 6310IU | Vitamin C: 60.4mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 1.4mg