Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo with Mushrooms. Nut-free
The Best Vegan Mushroom Garlic Alfredo with No Nuts. Garlicky, Creamy, Amazing Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo. Easily Gluten-free, soy-free. Nut-free Vegan Alfredo Healthy Recipe. 21 gm of protein per serving!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 7 cloves garlic minced
- 8 oz mushrooms white or a mix of white, cremini, portobello
- 1 tbsp or more dry white wine
- 1 tbsp vegan worcestershire sauce or use 2 tsp soy sauce (coconut aminos for soyfree), 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar, 1/2 tsp molasses
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp or more red pepper flakes
- 8 to 10 oz Fettuccine
- 1 cup cauliflower florets heaping cup of florets
- 1 small potato cubed small
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds or pumpkin seeds , or use raw cashews (soaked) for even more creamier
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried basil or a handful of fresh
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup water
- generous dash of black pepper
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, mushrooms and a good pinch of salt and cook until golden. Add the wine, sauce and pepper flakes and cook for half a minute.
Bring a large wide pot of water to a boil. Add the fettuccine and cook for 3 minutes. Mix. Add the cauliflower and potatoes on top of the pasta and continue to cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until the pasta is cooked to preference. *See note
Drain, rinse in cold water. Remove the cauliflower and potato and Transfer the to a blender.
Add the rest of the alfredo ingredients to the blender. Add 2 tbsp of the mushroom onion mixture and blend until smooth. Blend for a minute, then rest for a minute and blend again.
Pour sauce into the mushroom skillet and cook over medium heat to bring to a boil to thicken. Taste and adjust salt and flavor. If the sauce thickens too much, add in some more water or non dairy milk. Mix in the fettuccine and serve. Alternatively, plate the fettuccine and drizzle the sauce generously and serve. Garnish with basil and pepper and optionally Vegan Parm.
To make this gluten-free, use gluten-free pasta. Omit the oils to make oil-free.
* I boil the cauliflower and potato with the boiling pasta. Its easy to pick them out as they are on the top. Or you can use a strainer. Add the veggies to the strainer basket and insert it in the boiling water if it is a large pot. Remove the strainer when done and you have al dente cooked cauliflower and potato. Alternatively, you can cook them in another pan with some water. Cover and cook until al dente, then blend with the sauce ingredients.
Nutrition is 1 of 3 large serves.
Calories: 504kcal | Carbohydrates: 73g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 680mg | Potassium: 967mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 100IU | Vitamin C: 29.1mg | Calcium: 79mg | Iron: 6.2mg