1 Pot Cannellini and Black Bean Chili Recipe
White and Black Bean Chili Recipe. Make this Hot bowl of Chili with Black Beans and White Cannellini or Northern Beans, peppers, veggies for Fall. 1 Pot, ready in 30 minutes. Vegan Gluten-free Soy-free Recipe.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 bell pepper chopped, ( 1/2 of green and half red)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp ancho chili powder
- 1/4 tsp or more cayenne
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp or more lime juice
- 2 large tomatoes chopped small
- 3 to 4 tbsp tomato paste
- 3/4 tsp or more salt depends on if the beans were salted
- 1 15 oz can black beans drained , or use 1.5 cups cooked
- 1 15 oz can white beans (cannellini or great northern beans drained, or use 1.5 cups cooked
- 1 1/2 cup water or veggie broth
- cilantro avocado etc garnish
Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook for 5 mins. Stir occasionally.
Add peppers and spices and mix well. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
Add lime juice, tomato, tomato paste, salt and mix in. At this point you can add other chopped fall veggies or squash and mix in.
Add the beans, salt and water. Mix, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
Taste and adjust salt and heat. (optional: Add 1/2 tsp herbs like sage or thyme. Add a 1/2 tsp sugar to balance the flavor.)
Simmer for another 5 to 10 mins or until desired consistency. Garnish with cilantro, avocado or vegan sour cream and some crusty bread or tortilla chips.
Calories: 229kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 530mg | Potassium: 598mg | Fiber: 15g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1565IU | Vitamin C: 51.8mg | Calcium: 134mg | Iron: 5.4mg