Vegan Chocolate Pecan Pie
Vegan Chocolate Pecan Pie with Dates and Chai spice. All the pecan pie with chocolate. Vegan Pecan Pie Derby Pie. Glutenfree with gf crust. Soyfree Recipe.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
- 1 pie crust regular or graham cracker style or gluten-free
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup pecan halves for topping
- 1/2 tsp oil ,1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp coconut sugar for topping
- 12 large or 14 medium dates soaked in hot water for 15 minutes
- 1 cup non dairy milk (almond or coconut or other)
- 1.5 tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup (scant) flour , (use 3 tbsp rice flour and 1 tbsp cornstarch to make gluten-free)
- 1/2 to 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice or chai spice (1/2 tsp cardamom, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, a generous pinch of nutmeg, ginger)
- 1 tbsp bourbon optional
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spread the chopped pecans and pecan halves on a parchment lined baking sheet. Toast the pecans in the oven for 7 to 8 minutes.
To the pecan halves add 1/2 tsp oil (or spray some oil), 1/4 tsp or more cinnamon and 1 tsp coconut sugar, and mix. Set aside.
Drain the dates, then Blend with non dairy milk until well blended. Add all the ingredients through salt and blend again. Pour into prepared crust.
Add toasted chopped pecans and chocolate chips and mix in the date mixture and spread evenly in the crust.
Top with pecan halves. Bake for 35 minutes (a few mins longer for crispier). Cool completely and serve with whipped coconut cream or ice cream. The pie keeps refrigerated for upto 4 days.
Use any of my pie crusts.
Nutrition is 1 of 6 Serves and includes gluten-free pie crust values.
Calories: 583kcal | Carbohydrates: 67g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 229mg | Potassium: 474mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 39g | Vitamin A: 2.1% | Vitamin C: 0.2% | Calcium: 11.9% | Iron: 13.3%