Vegan Egg Drop Soup
Vegan Egg Drop Soup. Egg-less Egg drop soup with Jackfruit and Tofu. Soothing Chinese "egg" drop soup. Vegan Gluten-free Recipe.
- 32 oz or 4 cups of low sodium veggie broth or no chicken broth
- 1/2 to 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 2.5 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp black pepper and more for garnish
- 1/8 tsp white pepper
- 1/8 tsp or more kala namak Indian sulphur black salt for eggy flavor
- 1/2 tsp or more soy sauce
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp sugar or other sweetener
- 1/2 tsp no chickin seasoning or a dash of celery seed/salt or a dash of celery seed/salt nutritional yeast, a pinch of sage, parsley or use 1 tbsp of vegan chicken bouillonvegan chicken bouillon vegan chicken bouillon
- 6 oz jackfruit young green Jackfruit in canned water or brine or fresh young jackfruit
- 4 oz firm tofu 1/2 cup or more
- 1/4 cup green onions divided
Add all ingredients from broth through chikin seasoning to a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil. 7 to 8 mins.
Meanwhile, drain the jackfruit, shred in a processor or chop up into very thin strips. Wash well, drain and add to the saucepan. Cook for 8 minutes. Reduce heat to medium- low.
Thinly slice the tofu and add to the saucepan. Add 2 tbsp green onions and mix in. Taste and adjust salt and sweet. Let the soup simmer for another few minutes.
Garnish with green onions and a good dash of black pepper and serve.
Add 1 clove and 1 inch cinnamon stick at step 1 for more flavor. fish them out before serving.
Nutritional values based on one serving
Calories: 189kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 4g | Sodium: 818mg | Potassium: 525mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 220IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 1mg