Cashew Tofu Stir Fry
Cashew Tofu Stir Fry. Vegan Thai Cashew Delight Recipe with Tofu and Veggies. Easy One Pot weeknight meal. Serve with rice or grains of choice. Vegan gluten-free Recipe
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 2 servings
For the Stir fry:
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/3 cup cashews raw or unsalted roasted
- 4-5 dried red chilies broken
- 4-5 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 inch ginger finely chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 green bell pepper chopped or 3/4 cup broccoli or other vegetable thinly sliced or chopped
- 7-8 oz firm or extra firm tofu pressed and cubed , or use cooked chickpeas to make tofu-free
- 1/4 tsp black or white pepper or a generous dash of both
For the Sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp or more vegan hoisin sauce
- 2-3 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp sugar or other sweetener of choice
- 1/4 cup veggie broth or water
- 1/4 tsp toasted sesame oil
Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the cashews and chilies and cook until the cashews are golden on most sides. Stir frequently. If using roasted cashews, proceed to the next step and add garlic, ginger.
Add garlic and ginger. Mix and cook for 2 minutes or until translucent.
Add onions and veggies and a generous pinch of salt. Increase heat to medium high. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir frequently.
Add the tofu and black pepper and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
Meanwhile mix the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and add to the skillet. Or add directly to the skillet.
Mix and cook for a minute. Taste and add salt, tang, (and heat) if needed.
Simmer for a few minutes until the sauce thickens slightly. Serve over cooked white/brown rice or grains of choice like quinoa..
Calories: 319kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 704mg | Potassium: 728mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 965IU | Vitamin C: 155.1mg | Calcium: 71mg | Iron: 4mg