Cookie Dough Truffles
Cookie Dough Truffles. Fudgy Cookie dough coated in melted chocolate and topped with coarse sea salt. Vegan Gluten-free Recipe. Makes 14 to 16 truffles
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil solid or semi, use refined for neutral flavor
- 1 Tbsp almond milk or other non dairy milk
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract use 2 tsp for less intense flavor
- 1/4 cup Coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup Oat Flour certified gf if needed, or use any mild tasting grain flour/white flour
- 3/4 cup Almond flour/fine Meal
- 2 to 3 tsp fine cane sugar optional
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup vegan mini chocolate chips
Melt the coconut oil in microwave or stove top.
Add non dairy milk, maple, vanilla and mix well. Add in the sugar and mix in. No need for the sugar to combine fully.
Add salt, 3/4 cup flour, almond flour, fine sugar and mix. Add just enough flour until the mixture is a good stiff batter/soft dough consistency. The dough stiffens more on chilling. Fold in the chocolate chips.
Refrigerate for half an hour. Taste and adjust sweet. Shape into balls. If the mixture is too wet, you can fold in more flour to help shape.
Melt 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips and 2 tsp coconut oil in a double boiler or microwave (30 second bursts), until smooth and shiny. Dip the cookie dough balls in the melted chocolate or drizzle the chocolate on the balls on parchment. Coat evenly and place on a parchment lined sheet. Sprinkle coarse sea salt, sprinkles, candied ginger or orange, or other toppings. Chill for in the refrigerator to set. These are best served at room temperature. Let them sit out of the fridge for a few mins before serving.
To bake the cookie dough: make flat discs of the dough. Bake at 350 deg F for 8 to 10 mins.
Nutritional values based on one serving
Calories: 300kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 88mg | Potassium: 72mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 18g | Calcium: 65mg | Iron: 2.3mg