Buffalo Tempeh Ranch Sandwich
Tempeh blackened with spices then tossed in hot Buffalo sauce and served with Celery Ranch. Makes 2 or more sandwiches depending on the size of the Tempeh block
- 8 oz pack of Black Bean Tempeh or other Tempeh
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp blackening spice or 1/2 tsp each or ground coriander, cumin, thyme, paprika, garlic, onion and a generoush dash of black pepper and white pepper
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha sauce or to taste
- 2 tsp hot sauce or to taste
- 1/2 tsp vinegar
- 1/2 cup ground cashew
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 2 Tbsp flour or 1 Tbsp arrowroot starch
- 2/3 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- a very generous dash of black pepper
- 1 tsp ranch seasoning or equal quantity of parsley, dill, thyme, garlic and onion
- 1/2 tsp celery seeds
Slice the Tempeh to make 2 patties. Place the patties in a large skillet with a cup of water and blackening spice. Cook on medium heat for 14 to 17 minutes or until all the water is gone. Flip the patties mid way.
Add oil and toss to coat. Continue to cook at medium heat until some of the edges are crisp. Add the Sriracha, hot sauce and vinegar. Toss to coat and cook for a few seconds so the sauce heats up.
Place on sandwich, layer with greens/lettuce, tomato, celery ranch and serve. Make 2 sandwiches.
For Celery ranch, blend everything under celery ranch until smooth. Taste and adjust flavors and use.
If the tempeh patties are too thick, slice them horizontally to make thinner and use. If the Tempeh is too thin, pile on 2 patties per sandwich.
Nutritional values based on one serving
Calories: 314kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 744mg | Potassium: 405mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 65IU | Vitamin C: 6.4mg | Calcium: 183mg | Iron: 5.3mg