Mushroom Rainbow Chard Shallot Soup
A hearty meal, packed full of nutrients
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 2 servings
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 10-12 Cremini mushrooms chopped(quartered)
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 big shallots chopped
- 10 rainbow chard ribs cut and leaves chopped, use only soft and thin ribs. compost the thick stems
- 1 cup cooked elbows or small pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried herbs basil or thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2/3 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 cup water (or more) reserve from the pasta or vegetable stock or plain water
In a deep large pan, add oil, heat at medium heat and spread to cover the pan.
Add chopped mushrooms, garlic, chard ribs and shallots and cook on medium low, stirring occasionally for 4-6 minutes or until mushrooms begin to brown on the edges.
Add in the chard leaves and cook for another 2 minutes until the chard begins to wilt.
Add in the water, herbs, salt and pepper to taste, and pasta. Taste and adjust.
Bring to boil (partially covered 5 mins) and cook on low for 2-3 minutes or until the soup reaches desired consistency.
Serve hot garnished with green onions or herbs of choice.
You can substitute the pasta with glutenfree pasta or cooked whole grains like barley, millet or quinoa, or omit pasta.
Nutritional values are based on one bowl
Calories: 352kcal | Carbohydrates: 71g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 3g | Sodium: 678mg | Potassium: 1591mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 14680IU | Vitamin C: 74.9mg | Calcium: 183mg | Iron: 7.9mg