Vegan Pumpkin Blondies - Oilfree
Vegan Pumpkin Blondies! Easy Nut Butter Pumpkin Blondies with Pecans and chocolate chips. No Added oil. Nutfree Gluten-free option
Servings: 16 pieces
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree (pure pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling. Use a well filled 1/3 cup.)
- 1/3 cup smooth nut butter such as almond, cashew or peanut
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 to 3 tbsp sugar (I usually use a mix of coconut and raw sugar)
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or ginger bread spice blend or 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ground ginger and 1/4 tsp ground cloves)
- 3/4 cup flour (I use a mix of whole wheat and unbleached all purpose)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup additions, like chocolate chips, chopped pecans, dried fruit or other nuts or seeds, plus more for topping
In a bowl mix in all the wet ingredients until smooth.
Add 1/2 cup flour and rest of the dry ingredients and mix. The mixture will make a soft cookie dough. Use your hands if needed. Add more flour if needed a tbsp at a time. If the dough is too dry, add a tablespoon of pumpkin puree. Add the chocolate chips and pecans and mix them in.
Press the dough into a lined brownie pan using a spatula to evenly spread. Sprinkle and press some chocolate chips and pecan/nuts on top.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 21 to 23 minutes. Allow to cool completely and slice.
To bake into cookies, chill the dough for 10 minutes, form balls and flatten well on a lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, a minute less for smalle and a minute longer for larger cookies.
To make these gluten-free: Use a gluten-free blend of choice or a mix of 1/3 cup rice flour, 1/3 cup oat flour or other gluten-free grain flour, 3 tbsp potato starch.
Nutfree: Use sunbutter and more regular flour.
Variation: Add a tbsp oil and more chocolate for a gooey bar. Add an icing or chocolate drizzle for decadence.
Nutrition is for 1 serve(1 piece)
Calories: 126kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 37mg | Potassium: 82mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 795IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 1.1mg