Instant Pot Ziti with Tomato Sauce
Instant Pot Baked Ziti with Tomato Sauce. Date Night Quick Pasta with Ziti, sprinkled with vegan parm and fresh herbs. Vegan Ziti Soyfree Recipe. Easily Glutenfree, Nutfree.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 1 tsp oil
- 4 cloves of garlic , minced
- 14 to 16 oz tomato sauce, marinara, pizza sauce or tomato puree
- 1.5 tsp italian herbs (thyme, oregano, basil, use less or more depending on sauce used
- 1/4 tsp salt (less or more depending on if the tomato sauce is salted or not)
- 1/4 tsp pepper flakes
- 2 cups uncooked Ziti or other pasta such as penne , 6 oz or 200 gm
- 1.25 cup water , 1.5 cups if the sauce used is thicker
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 tsp white pepper
- vegan parm as needed , vegan mozzarella (optional)
- fresh basil or herbs as needed
Start the Instant Pot on saute. Add oil and garlic and cook until the garlic is starting to get golden. (see saucepan instructions in notes)
Add the tomato sauce, herbs, pepper flakes and salt and mix in. Switch off saute. Add pasta and water and mix well to dislodge any stuck bits. Press the pasta into the sauce so the pasta is well covered in the sauce.Alternatively, add water, veggies if using, herbs, salt and mix in. Then add tomato sauce on top and pasta and press just to cover the pasta but dont mix. (some IPs are more prone to burn errors that others so try both to see which works. Also see tips above)
Close the lid and pressure cook for 6 mins. (4 to 7 mins depending on the pasta used). Quick release after 4 mins.
Add white pepper, olive oil , vegan parm, or vegan mozzarella and mix in. Garnish with more parm and fresh herbs.
For tomato cream sauce, add 1/3 cup cashew cream and some nutritional yeast and mix in. Saute to bring to just a boil. Garnish and serve
For gluten-free, use glutenfree pasta.
Saucepan: Cook the pasta according to instructions on the package and set aside. Heat a skillet over medium heat and follow step 1 and step 2 without any water. Simmer the sauce for 2-3 mins, adjust flavor and salt and fold inthe pasta. Add the white pepper, basil, vegan parm or vegan mozz and mix in. Cover, switch off heat and let sit for 3 mins for the flavors to meld. Garnish with more vegan parm or toasted breadcrumbs.
Nutrition is for 1 serve
Calories: 175kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 4g | Sodium: 501mg | Potassium: 454mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 580IU | Vitamin C: 8.9mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 1.9mg