Vegan Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal
This Vegan Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal has roasted carrots,, spices, nuts, dates and Oats! Crisp on the outside and spiced, delicious carrot cake like inside. No Added oil. Vegan Soyfree Recipe. Easily nutfree, gluten-free
- 2 cups lightly packed grated carrots (Use 1.5 cups if skipping the roasting step (step 1))
- 1.5 cups old fashioned oats , use certified gluten-free if needed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice or a mix of cinnamon and nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tbsp chopped pecans or walnuts
- 2 tbsp raisins or chopped dates
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut
- optional add ins: 1-2 tbsp seeds of choice such chia or pumpkin
- 1 cup non dairy milk such as coconut or almond
- 1 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp coconut sugar + 1/4 tsp cinnamon for topping , optional
- whipped coconut cream ,maple syrup, fruits or vegan butter for serving
Add carrots to a greased baking dish. Bake at 375 F ( 190 C) for 15-17 mins . Skip this step for faster recipe, or less roasted carrot. Reduce the oven temperature to 350 F(180 C).
Meanwhile, mix the oats with the rest of the dry ingredients(baking powder through coconut/seeds) in a bowl.
Remove the baking dish from the oven. Add the oats mixture and mix in.
Add the milk, maple and vanilla and mix, press and mix. If the mixture starts drying out, add 1-2 tbsp more milk. Even it out.
Sprinkle cinnamon sugar (optional) on top and Bake for 30 to 35 mins (depending on preference of texture of the baked oatmeal). Let it sit for a few mins, then serve warm with maple syrup, or whipped coconut cream, fruit/fruit compote or vegan butter.
Make Ahead: Follow steps 1 through 4, cover the baking dish and refrigerate for upto a day. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar and bake when needed. Check 5 mins earlier.
Variations: Add some shredded apple or pineapple along with carrots for variation. Add some lemon zest.
Nutfree: Omit the nuts from the dry mix. Use coconut milk or other non dairy milk.
Nutrition is for 1 serve
Calories: 310kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 205mg | Potassium: 574mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 10690IU | Vitamin C: 4.2mg | Calcium: 182mg | Iron: 2.1mg