Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal Vegan
Vegan Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal! 7 Ingredient Warm Spiced Banana Baked Oatmeal for breakfast or snack. Oilfree Vegan Gluten-free Soy-free Recipe. Can be nut-free. Makes 9 by 9 inch pan
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time45 mins
Total Time55 mins
- 2 ripe bananas
- 4 tbsp maple syrup (use 2 tbsp if using ripe bananas or serving with maple syrup)**
- 1.75 cups old fashioned oats , use certified gluten-free if needed, see notes for substitution
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice or a mix of cinnamon and nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp chopped pecans or walnuts , or omit for nutfree
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut
- optional add ins: 1-2 tbsp seeds of choice such chia or pumpkin seeds, chopped dates, chocolate chips, dried fruit
- 1 cup non dairy milk such as coconut or almond
- 1 tsp coconut, 1 tsp coconut sugar, a pinch of cinnamon and pecans for topping
Preheat the oven to 350 deg F (180 C).
Mash the banana in the baking dish, mash until there are no lumps. Mix in half the maple syrup until combined. Bake for 11 mins. This cooks the banana to make it sweeter and more caramelized banana bread flavor.
Mix the dry ingredients(oats, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, nuts and coconut in a bowl.
Remove the baking dish from the oven. Add the oat mixture to the dish. Add non dairy milk and remaining maple syrup and mix well. Even it out. Sprinkle coconut, coconut sugar, cinnamon and pecans on the oatmeal. At this point you can refrigerate the dish overnight. Cover the top and refrigerate, then bake when needed.
Bake for 30 to 35 mins or until golden on the edges and the center is not sticky and springs back when pressed.
Cool for 10 mins, then slice and serve warm with maple syrup, vegan butter or whipped coconut cream or non dairy yogurt, fresh fruits or other toppings.Store: Store unbaked at step 4. Store baked oatmeal in a closed container in the fridge for upto 4 days. Reheat: Reheat the refrigerated oatmeal in a microwave or in the oven for 10 mins or so to crisp up.
** If omitting most or all of maple syrup, add 1 to 3 tbsp more non dairy milk so the oats have enough moisture to absorb.
Nutrition is for 1 serve
- You can also use other grain flakes such as quinoa or rice instead of oats. Or use 2/3 cup uncooked quinoa or cracked wheat.
- For nut-free, omit the nuts and use coconut milk or oat milk for non dairy milk
Calories: 319kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 179mg | Potassium: 562mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 38IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 174mg | Iron: 2mg