Sweet Potato Mini Peppers Spinach Alfredo Bake
This Vegan Sweet Potato & Mini Pepper Alfredo Bake features a creamy Spinach Cashew Alfredo sauce that is so cheesy, rich and creamy! A gluten-free, grain-free and dairy-free comfort food recipe that is big in flavor! Allergen Information: Dairy-free, egg-free, soy-free, yeast-free, corn-free, gluten-free, grain-free, refined Oil-free
- 1 thinly sliced Sweet potato
- Sliced Mini peppers
- Sliced Tomatoes
- Sliced Radish optional
- 2.5-3 Tablespoons raw cashew flour ground cashew
- 1/2 cup baby spinach raw or blanched, or other blanched greens or omit
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1 garlic clove or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- black pepper cayenne to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid aminos
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice/vinegar
Blend all the ingredients of the Alfredo. Taste and adjust salt.
The sauce thickens during baking so I did not cook it. You can nuke it in the microwave to thicken it a bit.
Grease the ramekin if you plan to remove the bake.
Add a little alfredo in the ramekin. top with sliced Sweet Potatoes, overlapping so it is a continuous layer.
Top with mini peppers, tomato slices, radish, and drizzle enough alfredo to cover.
If using a larger ramekin, add other veggies/mushrooms and sauce layer.
Top with Sweet potatoes, tomato slices, more alfredo.
For the final layer, you can use breadcrumbs mixed with dried herbs(I used italian blend) and salt.
Or sweet potato slices brushed with olive oil for a crunchy sweet potato top. Sprinkle some herbs and salt on top.
Bake for 45-50 mins at 370 F.
Serve as is warm in the ramekin. Let sit for 5-10 minutes before removing from ramekin.
- Add a Tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil or vegan butter to the alfredo for creamier sauce.
- Skip the spinach.
- Use other herbs and spices for sauce variations like chipotle flakes, ranch seasoning etc.
- Add other sliced veggies like Zucchini, cauliflower, eggplant, Mushrooms.
Add some crumbled steamed Tempeh layers.
If making a larger portion, then bake at least an hour.