Ok, heres the new and improved Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies.. which you will not be able to keep for anyone else… believe you me!
Nut butters are the key to getting soft and yummylicious cookies! And all the goodness,vit e, protein, b vitamins, fibre and what not! Not in your regular butter!
Ingredients: 6-8 cookies
- In a bowl, mix the flax meal and hot water and let sit for a minute.
- Add in the room temperature almond butter, oil, sugar and agave syrup and mix well by hand or by hand mixer until the mixture feels light. The almond I used was store bought and it takes a while to mix up.
- Add in 1/2 cup oats, salt, cinnamon powder and lemon juice and a little flour(1/4 cup) and mix till just about combined. Add in more oats and flour if needed to get gooey muffin mixture kind of consistency, Or a very sticky dough. If you added too much flour or oatmeal and the mixture looks like a stiff dry dough, then add in a little oil and or lemon juice to make it gooey. (If the dough is stiff and not sticky, the cookies might come out too hard)
- Oil hands or tablespoon and pick up tablespoon full dough, drop them and flatten on parchment paper. Thinner the better.!
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 10-11 minutes(add minutes depending on the thickness of the cookie). The cookies should Not be runny or liquidy. They might look wet because of the shiny oil, but check with toothpick to confirm they are not squishy. They cook quite easily esp because there is no egg!
- Take cookies off baking tray and cool on rack for a few minutes!
- Store in airtight container for a week or so. Let me know how yours turn out!
- Have a fun Week! and Yay for 200 likes on my Facebook page! Please like and share if you havent yet!