When life hands you a ripe banana make a cookie.. or a muffin:) or both! When dad finally decides to take a vacation, book his tickets!
Yes, my parents will be here mid October.. So I am opening up the blog to a couple of guest posts .. Leave me a message on richahingle at gmail dot com about a guest post!!
These cookies are muffin top cookies, not too crisp, but soft and chewy and wonderful! and will not give you a muffin top! I am loving these simple cookies.. and the cookies dough... thats the fun part about vegan cookie dough, you can just make balls out of the raw dough and have those too!
Squeeee, I have so many things to do before mom and dad's visit... clean up house, schedule some posts before hand.. make goodies that I want them to try, and then some goodies I want mom to make!:)
Some more fun cookies posted earlier..
The ever famous Chocolate Oats Raisin Nut butter cookies
and the Recent Pink Candied Beet thin crisp cookies!
Ingredients: 7-8 medium size cookies
- In a bowl, mix the flax meal and hot water and let sit for a minute.
- Add in the oil, sugar, spice, salt, lemon juice and mashed banana and mix well.
- In a blender add, quinoa, 3 Tbps oats and baking powder and Blend/grind to a coarse flour.
- Add in this coarse flour, the 5 Tbsps oats and self rising flour to the banana mix and mix till just about combined. Add in more oats and flour if needed to get gooey, slightly stiff, muffin mixture kind of consistency, Or a very sticky dough.
- Oil Tablespoon and pick up tablespoon full dough, drop them and flatten on parchment paper.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 14-17 minutes(add minutes depending on the thickness of the cookie). The cookies should not be runny or liquidy when done.
- Take cookies off baking tray and cool on rack for a few minutes if you can:)
- These are soft cookies because of the banana, but super fun and a wholesome snack! The whole oats and coarse quinoa, give it a great texture and add a bit of crisp! Have a fantastic day!