Crispy Tofu with Sweet Chili Sauce. Baked Crunchy Crispy Breaded Tofu Strips with Sweet chili dipping sauce. Vegan Appetizer Recipe for Super bowl Gameday. How to make Crispy Tofu Fingers. Serve as appetizer, or over a salad or make a wrap.
One cannot have enough appetizers for gameday or any other event right! These Crispy crunchy strips of tofu are baked to the perfect crisp. Then served with a sweet spicy dipping sauce. Dip and coat those strips in the sauce really well and take a bite.
These vegan crispy Tofu Strips with the tangy Sweet chili dipping sauce are perfect to snack on. They also make a great addition to a salad. Chop up the strips and dress the salad generously with the sweet chili sauce. Or make them into a wrap with greens or crunchy lettuce and roasted veggies.
to make these soy-free use Chickpea flour Tofu and serve with buffalo sauce or other strong flavored dips
More appetizers from the blog
- Broccoli Balls with marinara
- Roasted Broccoli with Creamy Basil Dressing
- Jalapeno Popper Dip
- 40 Super bowl Recipes
- 14 oz firm tofu
- ½ cup flour (I use half white half wheat, as all wheat makes the batter taste too wheaty)
- 1.5 tbsp or more Sriracha or hot chili sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp garlic
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ⅓ tsp salt
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ cup or more water
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1.5 tbsp soy sauce
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tbsp or more sugar
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1.5 tbsp or more asian chile sauce like sambal oelek
- ½ tsp cornstarch or arrowroot starch
- Press the tofu in kitchen towel or tofu press for a few minutes to remove excess moisture. Slice into strips. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prepare the breading station. In one bowl mix the ingredients from flour through water until well combined to make a just about thick batter. Add some more water if needed. In another shallow bowl place the breadcrumbs and mix in ¼ tsp salt.
- Use one hand to dip the tofu strip in the batter to coat all sides. Tap to drop excess batter and transfer to breadcrumb bowl. Use the other hand to coat the strip with breadcrumbs and place on parchment lined baking sheet. Repeat for all strips. Spray oil on the strips and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or longer until crisp.
- Mix everything under the sweet chili sauce in a pan (while off heat). Heat over medium and bring to just about a boil. Carefully taste and adjust sweet, tang and spice. Take off heat and pour in serving bowl. Cool slightly and serve with the tofu strips. Dip the strips in the dipping sauce for 1 to 2 seconds to pick up enough sauce for each bite. There will be double dipping, so serve the sauce in individual bowls, or make a double batch if needed.