These mushroom balls are a tasty vegan appetiser that are perfect for sharing
- 3 cups (288 g) fresh mushrooms chopped
- 1/2 (0.5 ) medium onion chopped
- 1/4 cup (56.75 g) vegan butter very soft or melted
- 2 flax eggs
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) salt
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) chilli powder - optional
- 1/4 cup (28 g) grated non dairy cheese
- 1/2 cups (60 g) seasoned dry bread crumbs
- Mix everything in a bowl except the breadcrumbs, until the mixture becomes creamy.
- add bread crumbs to make it a bit stiff and make balls. I added some all purpose flour to dry the mixture more so its easier to make balls.
- Bake balls on a baking sheet at 350 degrees F / 180ºc for about 20-25 minutes till the outer crust looks brown.
- Serve warm with ranch or green chutney!