Aam Panna used to be a staple drink in our house in the scorching Nagpur summer. It is very rehydrating with tons of water, salt and sugar Jump to Recipe
Aam Panna/Panha (Raw Mango beverage)
- 1 (1 ) raw mango
- 1/4 cup (59.15 g) jaggery or sugar.
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) black salt or chaat masala to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) cardamom powder or cumin powder
- 1 (1 ) mint leaf optional
- 1-2 teaspoon (1 teaspoon) lemon juice optional
- 3-4 cups (750 ml) water
- Peel and cube the mango and pressure cook with little water for 2-3 whistles.
- Once cooled, blend the mango in a blender to make puree.
- Add grated jaggery or sugar, salt, black pepper, black salt and blend again.
- For variation in taste, add cardamom powder Or cumin powder but not both.
- Add the rest of the water and crushed/chopped mint leaf and mix well.
- Add lemon juice if needed. I used lemon juice because my mango was semi-ripe and not sour enough.
- If the pulp is bothersome, then strain the drink before serving!
- Chill and serve with ice cubes!