A Simple sandwich today! We had some portabellas the other day. It was the first time I was cooking the big shroom at home. We just always end up eating some out. So after a couple of recipe look ups , we decided on italian herb seasoning. Veganmofo Post 16!
Break the hard part of the stem of the Portobellos.
scrape the gills if you want, though they add to the taste of the shroom.
Sprinkle salt, dried basil and any fave italian herb mix (oregano, thyme, rosemary, sage, basil), cayenne pepper, olive oil and lemon juice and let sit for half an hour.
(Also made another portobello spiced with cajun spice, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper olive oil and lemon juice. which was yummazing too!).
Rub well all over and let marinate for half an hour.
Bake in preheated 350 deg F with caps down for 12-15 minutes until the edges start to brown.
Serve on fave sandwich bread or burger buns with fresh tomatoes, lettuce, avocado, basil, salt and pepper and sauce. We didnt need any sauce, because of the nicely juicy mushrooms.
Served it between the Tomato Sprouted Quinoa flat bread as seen below.
Have a great Meatless Monday you all. A big Hi to you all from my Mom and Dad!. If you havent checked Menaka, the elephant’s story in the previous post, read it here http://www.veganricha.com/2011/10/week-2-veganmofo-round-up-and-rescue.html
Also, some furry fun with Chewie, our resident adopted fluffster.
Sleeping Chewie below. click to enlarge!
Chewie can be found at http://www.facebook.com/FluffyChewie
I am honored to get the award from Dawn at Vegan Fazool! Thank you Dawn! “Liebster” is German and means ‘dearest’ or ‘beloved’ but it can also mean ‘favorite’. The idea behind this award is to bring attention to bloggers who have less than 200 followers and show your support during Vegan Mofo!
The rules of winning this award are as follows:
1. Show your thanks to those who gave you the award by linking back to them.
2. Reveal 5 of your top picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
3. Post the award on your blog.
4. Enjoy the love and support of some wonderful people on the www!
I’ve been a bit out of surfing around action since my parents are here since the 14th.. but I will try to get to all of you .. Here are my newly discovered fun friends, I pass on the award to..
1. Savannah at http://inhergrace.wordpress.com/
2. Isobelle at http://vgan-jar.blogspot.com/
4. Cold and Sleepy http://coldandsleepycooks.blogspot.com/
5. Rithika at http://veganontheprowl.blogspot.com/
6. Susmitha at http://blog.veganosaurus.com/
7. Caitlin at http://theveganchickpea.blogspot.com/
8. Dawn at http://veg-am.blogspot.com/
10. Corrina at http://corrinadarling.wordpress.com/
11. Mandee at http://cupcakekitteh.blogspot.com/
Thanks Dawn at Vegan Fazool! Have a fun day everyone!
Pictures taken in our makeshift night box… which ofcourse needs work! but this sandwich was too yumm not to be posted!