Banana Oatmeal Quinoa Raisin Muffin Top Cookies.Not too crisp, but soft and chewy and wonderful! These cookies are easy to make and make a great treat or snack. Vegan Recipe. Jump to Recipe
When life hands you a ripe banana make a cookie.. or a muffin:) or both! When dad finally decides to take a vacation, book his tickets!
These cookies are muffin top cookies, not too crisp, but soft and chewy and wonderful! and will not give you a muffin top! I am loving these simple cookies.. and the cookie dough… thats the fun part about vegan cookie dough, you can just make balls out of the raw dough and have those too!
Squeeee, I have so many things to do before mom and dad’s visit… clean up house, schedule some posts before hand.. make goodies that I want them to try, and then some goodies I want mom to make!:)
Some Cookies on the blog.
Banana Oatmeal Quinoa Raisin Muffin Top Cookies, Vegan.
Banana Oatmeal Quinoa Raisin Muffin Top Cookies.Not too crisp, but soft and chewy and wonderful! These cookies are easy to make and make a great treat or snack. Vegan Recipe.
Servings: 7 -8 cookies
- 2 teaspoons flax meal
- 2 tablespoon hot water
- 2/3 (0.67) ripe banana mashed
- 2 tablespoons Raw turbinado sugar or jaggery or sweetener of choice depends on how ripe/sweet the banana is
- 2 tablespoons organic canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) pumpkin pie spice powder
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.13 teaspoon) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) baking powder
- 1/2 cup (72.5 g) raisins
- 2 tablespoons quinoa blended coarsely or quinoa flour ( or use oats coarse flour, if you don't have quinoa)
- 3 tablespoons Oats flour (Oats blended coarsely or Oats flour)
- 5 tablespoons Oats (Bob’s Red Mill Organic Old Fashioned)
- 1/2 cup (60 g) Unbleached White flour or Spelt flour or Whole wheat pastry flour
- In a bowl, mix the flax meal and hot water and let sit for a minute.
- Add in the oil, sugar, spice, salt, lemon juice and mashed banana and mix well.
- In a blender add, quinoa, 3 Tbps oats and baking powder and Blend/grind to a coarse flour.
- Add in this coarse flour, the 5 Tbsps oats and flour to the banana mix and mix till just about combined. Add in more oats and flour if needed to get slightly stiff, muffin mixture kind of consistency.
- Oil a Tablespoon and pick up tablespoon full dough, drop them and flatten on parchment paper.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 14-17 minutes (add minutes depending on the thickness of the cookie). The cookies should not be runny or liquidy when done.
- Cool completely.
- These are soft cookies because of the banana, but super fun and a wholesome snack! The whole oats and coarse quinoa, give it a great texture and add a bit of crisp. Have a fantastic day.
Nutritional value is based on 1 serving
Banana Oatmeal Quinoa Raisin Muffin Top Cookies, Vegan.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 170 Calories from Fat 45
% Daily Value*
Vitamin A 5IU0%
Vitamin C 1.7mg2%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Have a fantastic day.
This cookie is headed to Ricki’s Wellness Weekend. and Anyone can cook 34
Another amazing recipe I’ve made several times! Love the use of ground quinoa. I’ve used chia in place of the flax a couple times with good results too.
Vegan Richa Support
i love new ways of using traditional ingredients , thank you
Hello,I love your recipes and I want to make these,only I have a question, do i cook the quinoa or I blend it as it is? I am new to this as you can understand 🙂 thank you so much for all the inspiration and thank you in advance for your reply! Love, Tina
Can I use coconut flour? Also, can I substitute applesauce for the oil?
you can use a combination of oat, almond and coconut flours. sure you can use apple sauce or more mashed banana.
Just made these (actually munchin on one now!) and they are so great. As a snack with coffee, a power snack, or a treat. I have a tendency to muddle with recipes and so added walnuts and an extra banana, more quinoa and cinnamon. Still turned out 🙂 Thanks!
thats awesome! i know i make variations of banana cookies everytime i have over ripe bananas:)
Since I had to start a Diabetic diet, I love finding new fun, creative recipes. They keep my day filled with delicious happiness! Your muffin top recipe not only sounds fantastic, they look pretty awesome too! Yum, Hugs, Terra
Can they be made without the oil?
yes, add a Tablespoon or so less flour.
Thanks Jay, Chinmayie, myfudo and Priya.
Love the starting line of your post! those would be my sentiments exactly 🙂 And the muffin top cookies look uber yummy!
Looks so good! Greta breakfast with a cup of tea 🙂
Great! I wanna prepare that quinoa cookies for my baby boy who never rest on cookies of this kind.
interesting n looks very inviting Richa..:)
Thanks Jesse. i love whole grains and making my own coarse flour.
thanks Tanvi. hope you try them.
Thanks Junia. its pumpkin pie season! so in goes the spice!
Thanks Aipi, luckily hubbs arrived to take the shot.!
Kudos to you for coming with such awesome healthy choices all the time n I love the second shot a lot!
whoohoo for vegan cookies. bookmarking this recipe! i love all the flavors you put in here! 🙂
I m so intrigued by all your vegan recipe..each more beautiful than the other..banana oatmeal is one of my fav combos!
I love muffin tops! So great that these are full of whole grains and bananas – can’t get much yummier than that!
cookies with quinoa….awesome dear….bookmarked it!
CHECK OUT My DIWALI Event and Recipes
September – ALMONDS Event & GIVEAWAY
September – WWC – “Cornmeal for Breakfast”
100 Friends/Followers & GIVEAWAY
Thankyou Soujanya and Patricia.
Yes, Tejas,we should bump into each other. I would love to meet you!
Thanks for the follow Nayana.
Thanks Champa.. Naah its the same area. I am never sure abt what actually looks good. So i take a couple of settings, just switch out a prop here and there. the action shot was hubbs idea.. luckily he came home when i was clicking!
I think I will love these cookies. I loved the second picture with hands. You have patience taking pictures in different settings with different props.
wow…vegan recipies..love it. I m vegetarian and always looking for vegan options. following you:)
They look yummy.
I have been following your blog ofor a while and love the photos and ideas….
also, it is good to know that you are local and one day..one day…we may bump into each other
oh my!! Lovely! yummm… Am following you now.. Cant wait to see more!! 🙂
cookies looks cute…delicious..