Banana Oatmeal Quinoa Raisin Muffin Top Cookies.Not too crisp, but soft and chewy and wonderful! These cookies are easy to make and make a great treat or snack. Vegan Recipe. Jump to Recipe
Some Cookies on the blog.
Banana Oatmeal Quinoa Raisin Muffin Top Cookies, Vegan.
- 2 teaspoons flax meal
- 2 tablespoon hot water
- 2/3 (0.67 ) ripe banana mashed
- 2 tablespoons Raw turbinado sugar or jaggery or sweetener of choice depends on how ripe/sweet the banana is
- 2 tablespoons organic canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) pumpkin pie spice powder
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.13 teaspoon) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) baking powder
- 1/2 cup (72.5 g) raisins
- 2 tablespoons quinoa blended coarsely or quinoa flour ( or use oats coarse flour, if you don't have quinoa)
- 3 tablespoons Oats flour (Oats blended coarsely or Oats flour)
- 5 tablespoons Oats (Bob’s Red Mill Organic Old Fashioned)
- 1/2 cup (60 g) Unbleached White flour or Spelt flour or Whole wheat pastry flour
- In a bowl, mix the flax meal and hot water and let sit for a minute.
- Add in the oil, sugar, spice, salt, lemon juice and mashed banana and mix well.
- In a blender add, quinoa, 3 Tbps oats and baking powder and Blend/grind to a coarse flour.
- Add in this coarse flour, the 5 Tbsps oats and flour to the banana mix and mix till just about combined. Add in more oats and flour if needed to get slightly stiff, muffin mixture kind of consistency.
- Oil a Tablespoon and pick up tablespoon full dough, drop them and flatten on parchment paper.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 14-17 minutes (add minutes depending on the thickness of the cookie). The cookies should not be runny or liquidy when done.
- Cool completely.
- These are soft cookies because of the banana, but super fun and a wholesome snack! The whole oats and coarse quinoa, give it a great texture and add a bit of crisp. Have a fantastic day.
Have a fantastic day.