Hope you all had great weekend! I made some blueberry apple puree compote the other day, thinking of putting it either in a cookie or a granola bar.. but ended up making this wonderful cake out of it!
- 2/3 cup blueberries
- 1/3 cup chopped apple
- 4 Tablespoons raw sugar or jaggery grated
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 3-4 Tablespoons water
- You can prepare the compote beforehand and keep. Blend the blueberries, apple, sugar and cinnamon in a blender into a smooth puree. use a little water if needed.
- Cook this puree on low heat till it thickens to a thick syrup consistency. about 15-20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add flax meal, vinegar, oil, and 1/4 cup almost hot water.
- Mix it well till the mixture is well combined. Add in the oats and sugar, mix well and keep aside for a few minutes.
- In a bowl, mix the flours, salt, baking powder.
- Add the fruit syrup and the flours to the flax meal mixture. Mix lightly.
- If the mixture seems too dry, add in a few tablespoons water at a time. Mix until just about combined like a muffin batter.
- Grease a mini loaf well. Drop batter in and even it out.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the Middle comes out clean.
- Let cool a little before removing from pan and slicing! Serve warm as is, or topped with blueberry compote or the strawberry orange one in the pictures.:) Have a fun day!