These glutenfree Satsuma Multigrain cookies have a beautiful citrus flavorJump to Recipe
Glutenfree Satsuma Multigrain cookies
- 1 Tablespoon flaxmeal
- 2 Tablespoons hot water
- 1/2 (0.5 ) satsuma juice about 3-4 Tablespoons
- 1/2 (0.5 ) satsuma peel chopped finely pith scraped as much as possible
- 1.5 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon organic canola oil
- 1 Tablespoon agave syrup
- 4 Tablespoons raw sugar I use granulated sugar in the raw
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.13 teaspoon) salt
- 3/4 teaspoon (0.75 teaspoon) baking powder
- 1/4 cup (31.25 g) Bob's gf all purpose flour substitute with Oats flour or Sorghum flour if you dont like the garbanzo bean flour after taste
- 1/4 cup (32.25 g) cashews ground
- 1/3 cup (27 g) oats ground
- 3 Tablespoons rice flour
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) ginger powder
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.13 teaspoon) cloves powder
- In a bowl, add flaxmeal and hot water and mix well. Let sit for a minute.
- Add in melted coconut oil, canola oil, sugar, salt, ginger powder, cloves powder, satsuma juice and mix well(briskly) until sugar is well combined.(You can use any available orange peel and juice as a substitute)
- Grind the oats with the baking powder, or mix baking powder in the flours well.
- Add the flours, baking powder and ground cashew to the wet mix, and mix only till combined. The mixture should together as a not too sticky dough. Use more rice or oats flour if it is too sticky.
- Oil hands and make flat 1.5 inch balls.
- Place on parchment an inch apart, and flatten.
- Bake in preheated 360 degrees F for 12-14 minutes. until the edges just about start to golden brown and the tops are not too soft.
- Cool on rack for 10 minutes before serving with some hot coffee or tea.