These sweet potato doughnut bites are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth! Jump to Recipe
So I was planning on baking up some sweet potato Gulab Jamuns(but the problem with baked goods is that the color doesnt darken to a deep brown like a fried donut..
Sweet Potato Doughnut bites
- 2/3 cup (166.67 g) self rising flour Or all purpose flour + 2/3 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup (40 g) whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup (33.25 g) mashed sweet potato I boiled mine and mashed it
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) lemon juice
- 3-4 Tbsps (3 Tbsps) water
- 1 Tablespoon coconut or organic canola oil
- 3 tbsp raw sugar or equivalent sweetener of choice the doughnuts are mildy sweet to balance the caramel
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.13 teaspoon) of cardamom powder or chai spice blend chai spice recipe below
- Mix the sugar in the sweet potato mash and add all the other ingredients except water and mix for a few seconds. Add a Tbsp of water at a time and mix/knead into a soft non too sticky dough.
- Oil hands, Divide mixture into an inch balls and place on parchment.
- Bake in preheated 375 degrees F for 10-12 minutes, or until the tops do not look liquidy.