Blogger dashboard changed to the new interface, and I am trying to figure out the new posting and setting and stuff. I kept getting notifications to try the new interface but i kept switching to the old one. The new one, when I tried it last, had so many bugs with the pictures not aligning well and so on. The issues are still there. Whenever I select text and add a link, the cursor automatically goes to the top of the post(on Chrome). meh.
If any of you have suggestions on some good editors from where I compose then copy and publish directly without much hitches, please do let me know:) .
This Banana chocolate Cake is finally posted. Its more of a bread with low sugar and low fat content, but baked in a cake pan. You can add some oil to increase the moistness, use it to make layer cakes, top with some delicious coconut whipped cream, chocolate ganache and fresh fruits and what not, add more chocolate and chocolate chips to the batter for a double chocolate version, or add some coffee for a mocha. My current fave is a spiced version though. the spices, banana and chocolate together for an after lunch or evening snack, keep me satisfied for a while:)
The cake is all whole grain with Spelt, Oats and Cashew. you can switch out the flours with other flours, add enough to get a thick batter, not too wet and not too dry.
Two cakes in the pictures on the post. The above picture is a no oil, coarse cashew and oat flour cake. The below is with 2 Tablespoons of coconut oil and well ground flours.
My Cake collection here.
If you haven’t signed up for VeganMofo yet, sign up before 26th here. Its a month of bloggers blogging vegan almost every day of October. I finally signed up after weighing the stress of posting everyday against other things that are happening, and decided that i might regret it if I dint:) And I am stressed out already 🙂
Christian, you won the Vegnews 1 year digital subscription giveaway! please email me your preferred email id for the subscription at richahingle (at) gmail (dot) com.
That reminds me I need to make some cheese from the current issue!
Whats that ripe smell in the kitchen.. ahh some very black bananas.
Grab 3 very ripe bananas.
Mash them and measure out the other ingredients.
Warm the coconut milk and mix in the chocolate, as little or as much chocolate as you want.
Mix in the chocolate, apple cider vinegar, spices, sugar well. Mix in oil if using.
Add in the flours and make a thick batter.
Drop in parchment lined pan and bake until done.
Banana Chocolate Cake/Bread. Vegan Oil-free recipe
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup (50 g) raw sugar
- 1/4 cup (56.5 ml) coconut milk
- 1/3 cup (60 g) chocolate chips
- Spices of choice I added 1/2 teaspoon ginger and 1/8 teaspoon cloves and nutmeg or add 2 teaspoons instant coffee for a mocha version
- 1.5 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup (118.29 g) ground raw cashew
- 1/2 cup (118.29 g) ground Oats
- 3/4 cup (90 g) Spelt flour or use gluten-free flour blend or 1/4 cup each Oat, millet, tapioca/corn starch
- To make it more moistadd 1/4 cup coconut oil or oil of choice(I usually skip the oil)
- Add 1/3 cup chocolate chips to the batter for a double chocolate cake
- Mash the bananas.
- Add vinegar and sugar and mix well.
- Heat the coconut milk, add chocolate and melt.
- Add melted chocolate, spices(or coffee) to banana and mix well.
- If using oil, add now and mix well.
- In a bowl, mix 1/2 cup oat flour, 1/2 cup ground cashew, 1/2 cup spelt flour and baking powder.
- Add this to the banana mixture and mix well.
- Add more spelt flour if needed to get a muffin batter type thick batter. The flour needed will depend on what size bananas you used, the chocolate and oil content.
- Add chocolate chips for double chocolate version.
- Drop the batter in parchment lined or greased 8 inch cake pan.
- Even out and bake in pre-heated 365 degrees F / 180ºc for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick from the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes and remove from parchment.