Use good dark chocolate chunks for awesome results. I usually use half spelt and half white flour for the cookies for the best results. They come out equally awesome with all spelt and all white as well. Let the dough chill nicely before baking and make as huge a cookie you like. Make a big batch today!
Use maple or agave or molasses or if you can find Barley malt syrup, or a combination of any of these depending on taste preference. The syrups add a fantastic texture to the cookies! And the almond butter makes them moist and fudgy.
More cookies from the blog
Triple Ginger Molasses cookies
Almond butter SnickerDoodles.
Ginger Spiced Banana Almond chocolate chip cookies
Pistachio butter Chocolate chunk cookies
Oat Almond Chocolate chunk cookies in a Jar
Mix all flaxmeal in almond milk, then mix in all the wet ingredients.
Add the dry and mix into a soft dough. Add the chocolate chunks and chips and combine.
Chill for an hour. Then shape into large cookies. Press the chips that remain the bowl on the cookies.
bake for 11 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before taking off the parchment.
The Ultimate Giant Vegan Chocolate Chip & Chunk Cookies. Giant Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie
- 1.25 cup (150 g) organic unbleached white flour or Spelt flour or half of each. use glutenfree all purpose flour to make gluten-free
- 1 Tbsp corn starch or arrowroot starch
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) baking powder
- 1/8 tsp (0.13 tsp) baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) salt
- 2 tsp flaxmeal
- 3 Tbsp almond milk
- 3 tbsp loaded almond butter I used Justin's classic almond butter or use other nut butter or seed butter
- 3 Tbsp Oil organic canola or coconut
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp light molasses or 1 Tbsp maple syrup if you don't like molasses
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (110 g) ground raw sugar or brown sugar any other fine vegan sugar (1/3 cup for less sweet, brown sugar makes the cookies more chewy)
- 1/2 cup (85 g) or more dark drinking chocolate chunks I use Theo's, or Enjoy life chunks or other vegan semi sweet chocolate chunks
- 2-3 Tbsp (2 Tbsp) mini chocolate chips or regular size chocolate chips
- Variations: Add in a 1/2 tsp cinnamon. Add more nut butter and omit the oil.
- In a bowl, whisk all the dry ingredients: In another bowl mix the flaxmeal into the almond milk. Add the almond butter, oil, vanilla, maple, molasses and mix well to combine. It will take a minute or so for the nut butter to mix in. Add the sugar and mix well. Add dry to the wet. Mix to form a dough. Add in the chocolate chips and chunk and mix to combine. Add more or less to chocolate chip density preference :). Cover and chill for an hour (do not skip).
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F / 190ºc. Take a handful of the dough (1/4-1/3 cup), roll into a ball and then press and shape into a disc of 4-5 inch width on parchment lined sheet.(I just press the ball directly on the parchment with my palm). Make as large or small to preference. Press the chocolate chips that remain the bowl after, into the shaped cookies. Sprinkle a little granulated sugar on top and press lightly on the cookie. Bake for 11-12 minutes. Let cool completely.(5 minutes). The cookies will soft out of the oven, but will firm up. Bake for less time for smaller cookies (till just about starting to get golden on the edges). Store in an airtight container once completely cool.