I thought I would not be baking this past week because the predicted temps were in the 80s. But you know this is the pacific northwest. So there were a few cool days (low 60s) at the end of the week and I cranked up the oven to cook up this delightful Lasagna.
With Layers of Cauliflower alfredo sauce, pasta sauce, spinach, artichokes, veggies, and a parmesan topping, this one is a keeper. There are no nuts in the sauces and the sauces are gluten-free. The Lasagna can be made gluten-free with gf noodles. Add more layers, veggies of choice, some cooked lentils to make it hearty.
Hubbs isnt fond of oozing pasta sauce, so it might look a tad bit less sauce, but it actually is very moist, and has so many flavors in every bite. Make this Cauliflower Alfredo Lasagna this week!
Here is a nice article on how clothes and cosmetics can be vegan too. Sometimes things as mundane as a scarf for winter or a pretty Indian dress can be entirely made of animal products like Wool and silk. Both are inherently cruel products. Most of our wardrobe, bedding, regular use items have changed to all cotton and other natural fiber products. With hubb’s hike training though, there are newer things to research like finding a non down insulated jacket (800 down rating) for him to sleep at 14000 feet, a non down sleeping bag, non leather hiking boots and so on. He found the hiking boots, but the search for a good jacket and sleeping bag continues.
Look at all those layers and spinach and artichoke.
More Lasagnas on the blog
Lasagna Bechamel with Cauliflower Sweet Potato
Chipotle Tomato Sauce Lasagna with Havarti, mushrooms and spinach
Individual Sweet Potato Mini Pepper Alfredo Bake
Add a good layer of pasta sauce, then a layer of noodles. Then fresh or frozen spinach and alfredo.
spread the alfredo, another layer of noodles then pasta sauce. Add veggies og choice like mushrooms, zucchini, peppers etc.
Add a layer of noodles, then alfredo sauce and spread chopped artichokes over the sauce.
another layer of noodles, pasta sauce, sprinkle salt, pepper, pepita parm and spray of oil.
Bake for 45 – 50 mins. Cool slightly, cut up the slices and serve hot!
Cauliflower alfredo inspired by Pinch of yum and Oh she glows.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 3 loaded cups cauliflower florets 1.5 to 2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup non dairy milk I used almond milk
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp dry thyme
- 1/4 tsp dry basil or a Tbsp fresh basil leaves
- 3 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- a very generous dash of black pepper
- 1 Tbsp flour of choice omit to make gluten-free
- Pasta sauce or marinara sauce
- 1 cup spinach
- 5 to 6 artichokes finely chopped (I used canned, drain, rinse and use)
- 1 recipe Pepita parmesan
- No boil Lasagna noodles as needed
- salt pepper and italian herb blend
- Make the Alfredo sauce:
- In a large pan, add oil and heat at medium heat. Add chopped garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add the cauliflower, water and salt and cover and cook for 10 minutes or until cauliflower is tender. Cool slightly, add everything including water to a blender and blend with non dairy milk, all the spices, oil, and flour. Blend to a smooth puree. Taste and adjust salt, herbs and tang if needed.
- Make the Lasagna:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F / 200ºc.
- Layer 3/4 -1 cup pasta sauce in the baking pan, then layer noodles. Add more sauce to preference.
- Then layer fresh baby spinach or use frozen(thawed), then 3/4 to 1 cup alfredo sauce.
- Add another layer of noodles, then pasta sauce, then add veggies of choice like mushrooms, bell peppers, zucchini, cooked lentils or veggie burger crumbles. then layer noodles, alfredo sauce , distribute chopped artichoke hearts on the sauce. Sprinkle pepita parmesan (or nutritional yeast) on the artichoke hearts.
- Add a layer of noodles. add a 1/3 cup water all around the edges. then a good 1-1.5 cups pasta sauce on the top layer to seal all the layers. Drizzle some alfredo sauce on the pasta sauce and add pepita parm and a spray of oil. Sprinkle a generous sprinkle of salt and black pepper and italian herb blend. I also added some pepper flakes. Add vegan cheese shreds if you like.
Cover with foil, punch a few small holes and bake at 400 degrees F / 200ºc for 45 to 50 mins.
- Cool slightly, slice and serve hot.
nutritional values based on one serving