This Vegan Chocolate Layer Cake with Ganache is made on stove top and not baked in an oven! It comes together within minutes, is moist and decadent. soy-free, palm oil free. Vegan Soyfree Recipe. Jump to Recipe
You know Summer is eventually… eventually going to be here sometime and it will be too hot to start up the oven to bake up a chocolate cake. That’s when you can make this Chocolate Layer Cake for 1 or 2 in a pan! Or you can make it now. 🙂
This cake can served with the layers of ganache or frosting as a delicious dessert or serve the layers as breakfast pancakes. Super fun, quick and easy. A silky smooth ganache makes this is decadent treat. Use a nut butter chocolate frosting for variation.
This recipe makes two small 3 layer Chocolate cakes! Share or not :). The cakes or pancakes are lightly sweet and the ganache helps adds a more chocolate and sweet to the over cake for a great balance. This cake is soy and palm oil free with cocoa butter based chocolate.
So moist and perfect!
More Chocolate things from the blog.
- Vegan Almond Butter Blondies with Chocolate Chips
- Vegan Chocolate Pumpkin Cake and Cake Mix In a Jar
- Chocolate Chip Cookie, Date Caramel Brownie Bars
- Gluten free Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vegan Pumpkin Brownies
Make the cake batter. Heat a thick bottom skillet over medium heat. Place a cookie cutter on the skillet. Spray oil on the cutter and bottom. Pour a layer of batter in the cookie cutter. Cover and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
You want to add a thin layer of batter, else the pancake will rise over the cookie cutter. The cookie cutter trick inspired from Brandi’s tall pancakes.
Once the edges start to look dry, using tongs, loosen the cookie cutter and remove.
Flip the pancake and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
Once the pancakes are ready, make your ganache or frosting. Layer the pancakes with enough ganache or frosting per layer. Pictured Ganache.
Even out over the entire layer cake if you like. Chill for 15 minutes or longer and serve.
- 1/2 cup spelt or whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- use my gf pancake mix to make these gluten-free , instead of the spelt and all purpose flours above
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup non dairy milk
- 2 tablespoons almond butter or other nut butter
- 2 tablespoons oil or use applesauce
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp flax seed meal
- 1/3 cup sugar add 1 tbsp more for sweeter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk or almond milk
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- In a bowl, whisk all the dry ingredients and keep aside.
- In another bowl, combine the non dairy milk, nut butter, oil, salt, flax meal, sugar and vanilla until well combined. Add in the lemon juice. Add the dry ingredient and mix into a smooth batter.
- Heat a heavy bottom pan over medium heat. When the pan is hot, place a large cookie cutter over the pan. Spray oil on the pan and the cookie cutter. Pour batter into the cookie cutter to make a thin layer. Cover the pan with a lid, Cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the cookie cutter using tongs or gloves. Flip the pancake and cook the other side for 2 to 3 minutes.Repeat for all the batter.
- You can also make regular pancakes by pouring the batter on the pan and cooking for 3 to 4 minutes each side. Cool and then use the cookie cutter to cut them into similar size round shapes. The ones cooked in the cutter come out taller and fluffier.
- Prepare your ganache or frosting. Spread over the pancakes and layer them as may as you would like. Serve!
- Tips: You want to cook these pancakes at a slightly lower heat so as to not burn the bottom. The cookie cutters also help hold the moisture in the pancakes. Without the cutters the pancakes might be dry-ish when over cooked. This batter can also be baked into a cake. Bake in 8 inch pan for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Heat the non dairy milk and maple syrup until just about smoking. Take off heat. Add the chocolate and let it sit for a minute. then whisk until all melted and smooth. Chill for 10 minutes then use.
Variation: Almond butter chocolate frosting: Melt 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips over a double boiler. Let it cool for a minute. Whisk in 1/2 cup almond butter and 1/4 cup powdered sugar until smooth. Add 1/2 tsp vanilla extract and 1 to 2 tablespoons non dairy milk for desired consistency and mix in. use.
To make ganache without nut butter, add 1/4 cup more non dairy chocolate and use.
Nutritonal values based on one serving