Cherry Almond Thumbprint Cookies – Almond Pulp Cookies. How to use to almond pulp from almond milk with these soft almond thumbprints. Almond Pulp Recipe. Vegan Oil-free Recipe
When you have loads of almond pulp after making almond milk, make almond thumbprints! Because whats not good with cherry preserves. These soft cookies are easy and a great snack. Add in some amaretto extract in the cookie dough or amaretto liquor to the cherry preserves for variation. You can also use ground almonds or other ground nuts or seeds for the cookies. These cookies use nut butter and no added oil.
My parents are visiting this month! And I am also participating in Vegan month of Food on my Instagram. Catch all the September action there.
Every single time I write up a post, the first iteration has exactly 2 sentences. Hah, now to build up on that if I get time before it gets posted at the scheduled time.
More cookies from the blog
- Gluten free Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pistachio Apricot Thumbprint Cookies
- Vegan Gluten free Shortbread Cookies
- Vegan Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
For some reading, Why never ride an Elephant – Elephants are captured from the wild, Their spirit is broken to train them by torture and starvation,
They are overworked and die of exhaustion and starvation.
Make the dough. Chill for a few minutes. Bake balls, then press in the middle and place on parchment lined baking sheet. Fill with fruit preserves of choice.
Bake for 16 minutes. Cool and serve.
- 3 Tbsp almond butter or other nut butter
- 2 Tbsp non dairy milk
- 1/3 cup +1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup almond pulp
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup + 2 to 3 Tbsp Spelt flour or white wheat flour or other flour of choice
- 2 to 3 tsp chia seeds optional. i add these to absorb any extra moisture from the pulp
- In a bowl, warm the almond butter and non dairy milk in the microwave and mix until smooth. Or warm the milk on the stove and add to a bowl. Mix in the almond butter until smooth.
- Add sugar and vanilla and mix in until well combined.
- Add the almond pulp and mix in.
- Mix the salt and baking soda in 1/2 cup flour and add to the bowl. Mix in. Add chia seeds and mix in. Add flour a Tbsp at a time till the mixture is a soft dough, not sticky and not too wet. Amount of flour needed will depend on the moisture content of the almond pulp.
Chill for 5 to 10 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F / 180ºc.
- Make small balls of the dough and place on parchment lined baking sheet. Press the middle to make a dent.
- Take 2-3 Tbsp of cherry preserves in a small bowl. Mix until it is a bit smooth, Drop 1/2 tsp of the preserves in the dents of the cookies.
- Bake for 16 to 17 minutes. Cool completely, serve.
If using almond flour or other nut flour instead of pulp, you might need to add 1+ tsp more non dairy milk to form a dough.
Nutritional values based on one serving