1 hour Vegan Cinnamon Rolls. 1 Bowl Aquafaba Homemade Vegan Cinnamon Rolls Recipe. Easy Cinnamon Rolls with Cashew cream frosting. Ready in 60 minutes. Vegan Soy-free Palm Oil free Breakfast Recipe. Pin this recipe!
Jump to Recipe
These cinnamon rolls are soft and tender, need 1 bowl, and have a secret ingredient. Aquafaba! Aquafaba is the liquid from a can of chickpeas (chickpea brine), that can be used to make meringues and can be used as egg substitute in some vegan baking. You can make aquafaba at home too by pressure cooking dried chickpeas in water. The viscous water remaiing after the chickpeas are cooked is aquafaba and can be frozen for future use. In these cinnamon rolls, the aqufaba adds moisture to the rolls and also helps them rise quicker and rise more for a quick cinnamon rolls treat.
Proof the yeast. Add the rest of the ingredients and knead into a dough. Roll out the dough using flour. Sprinkle your filling of choice. Roll up, slice and place in parchment lined pan. Let the rolls rise in a warm place (near your preheating oven). Bake and done. Use your favorite frosting. I like my frosting not too sweet and sugary, so I used cream cheese like cashew cream + lemon + cinnamon + sugar frosting adapted from the cashew vanilla frosting on my carrot cake. You can use any frosting or a simple Sugar + non dairy milk icing.
If you have time, use the 2 rise method as that makes the rolls even more fluffy and soft. Especially if you are using combination flours or all whole grain flours, as those flours need more extra moisture and airy yeast action to keep them softer and not dense. Recipe video right above the Recipe widget.
More Breakfast options from the blog
- Vegan Carrot Cake Loaf
- Banana Chocolate chunk Muffins. GF
- One bowl Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Banana Cranberry Bread – GF
- 1 Bowl Banana Apple Bread. Can be made into muffins
- Banana Walnut Loaf GF
Another elephant rescued from horrible life in a circus and re-united with her sisters who had been rescued earlier! Onions. Great going Wildlife SOS.
Roll out the dough. Brush melted vegan butter or oil. Sprinkle the filling evenly.
Roll up on the longer side. Slice.
Place slices in parchment lined baking pan.
Let the rolls rise and double in size.
Bake until golden.
Cool for a few minutes. Then frost with your favorite frosting. Serve warm. Make these Aquafaba Vegan Cinnamon Rolls and let me know how they turned out!
Video: Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for all Video Recipes together.
1 Hour Cinnamon Rolls with Aquafaba
- 3/4 cup (187.5 ml) warm-hot water
- 1/4 cup (59.15 ml) aquafaba chickpea brine, (or use room temp non dairy yogurt or 1/4 cup coconut milk + 1.5 tbsp flax meal. Though the rolls do best with aquafaba)
- 1 tbsp sugar or other sweetener
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 packet active yeast or 2 1/2 tsp active yeast
- 2 tbsp oil or use melted vegan butter. I usually use oil
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast optional
- 2.5 cups (312.5 g) or more flour I use unbleached white or a combination of white and wheat flour
- 1/3 tsp (0.33 tsp) salt
- 1 to 2 tbsp Oil or melted vegan butter
- 1/3 cup (53.33 g) or more coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2 to 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) salt
- Add some cardamom or nutmeg for variation
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F / 180ºc. Line a 8 by 8 inch brownie pan or 9 inch pie pan with parchment. Mix the first 5 ingredients under rolls until the sugar is mixed in. Let sit for a minute for the yeast to activate.
- Add in the oil, nutritional yeast and mix in. Add 2 cups flour and salt and knead. Add more flour, few tbsps at a time to make a soft somewhat smooth dough. 4 to 6 mins.
- Roll the dough out using additional flour into a 10 by 14 inch rectangle
- Spray or brush oil or vegan butter on the rolled out dough. (use as much melted vegan butter as you like :)).Sprinkle sugar, cinnamon and salt evenly. Roll the dough tightly along the longer edge to make a cylinder.
- Slice using a pizza cutter or floss or a serrated knife. Place the slices in a parchment lined brownie baking pan or pie pan. Spray or brush oil on top. Cover lightly with a towel and Let the pan sit near the warm oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until just about doubled. Remove the towel.
- Bake at 350f / 180ºc for 21 to 23 minutes or until golden on some edges.(just about starting to get golden)
- Let the rolls sit for a few minutes, while you make the icing or frosting of choice. Frost and serve.
If the glaze hardens on sitting, heat it in the microwave, add a bit more milk and use. I prefer the cinnamon cashew frosting from my carrot cake on these, thinned out a bit and with some more sweetener.