Vegan Gluten free Pumpkin Bread Recipe with cranberries and walnuts. Gum-free, Soy-free, Yeast-free. Can be made oat-free.
I try to provide gluten-free options on the blog whenever possible. Gluten-free vegan baking is difficult. It doesn’t always behave the way we expect it to behave and it turns out dry, gosh so dry! There have been many loaves of bread or baked things that I had to either trash or slice and bake into biscotti which no one wanted to eat. This one does not have that problem!
The pumpkin and banana hold the structure together and make this a very moist loaf and make this more of a Banana Pumpkin Bread. This bread also doesn’t need added gum. You can use a 1/2 tsp xanthan with the dry ingredients to help the crumb if you want. Use chocolate chips or dried fruit of choice for variation. For a regular wheat based loaf, see this 1 bowl Pumpkin Bread. Add cranberries for a festive breakfast loaf.
I and the home are not gluten-free. So gluten-free baked goods have to be really good and close to their with gluten versions to really be liked. And that is what I always aim for. This loaf uses brown rice flour, almond flour, starch and oat flour. You can use any other flour which is similar to oat flour to sub oat flour if needed. I have not tried the loaf with any other starch. Arrowroot hasn’t worked well for me in the past. A blend of tapioca and corn might work, but I would recommend sticking to potato starch for the first try. Make this festive loaf with cranberries and walnuts/pecans and let me know how it turns out! Feedback helps future recipe development. Whether it turned out good, just ok, something didn’t work out or you did not like (taste, texture), suggestions, anything, leave me comments on the post or on social media.
And All the Thanksgiving meal, sides, brunch options here. Happy ThanksLiving!
More pumpkin recipes from the blog
- One bowl Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Cinnamon rolls
- Gluten-free Pumpkin cinnamon Rolls with pumpkin caramel. GF Yeast free
- 1 bowl pumpkin cream cheese muffins
- Pumpkin cinnamon Swirl Sandwich Bread all fancy
More gluten-free baked recipes
how to make vegan gluten free pumpkin bread
Whisk all the dry ingredients in one bowl and wet ingredients in another bowl. Mix into a batter.
Fold in cranberries, walnuts or other add ins. Drop the batter onto parchment lined loaf pan. Even it out. Garnish with pumpkin seeds or chopped walnuts.
Bake until a toothpick from the center comes out almost clean without any liquid.
Cool for 15 minutes. then remove from pan and cool completely before slicing.
Vegan Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread with Cranberries
- 1/2 cup (79 g) brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup (56 g) almond flour
- 1/4 cup (30 g) oat flour certified Gluten-free or other gf flour of choice like white sorghum, amaranth etc , do not use bean flour
- 1/4 cup (40 g) potato starch
- 1 1/4 tsp (1.25 tsp) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) salt
- 1/4 cup (30 g) powdered sugar (Blend up any unrefined sugar in a blender to make it fine)
- 1 1/2 tsp (1.5 tsp) pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) chai spice or use more pumpkin pie spice
- 1 very ripe banana medium size
- 1 tbsp pysllium husk powder or chia seed meal
- 1/4 cup (50 g) sugar (raw, coconut or other)
- 3/4 cup (184.24 g) + 2 tbsp pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- 1/4 cup (80.5 g) maple syrup
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp or more chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup (25 g) or more fresh or frozen cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 365 degrees F / 180ºc. In a bowl whisk all the dry ingredients very well until well combined.
- In another bowl, mash the banana really well until smooth and there are no lumps. Add the rest of the wet ingredients and mix well to dissolve the sugar. Powder the pysllium husk before adding.
- Add the dry into the wet and mix until well combined and there are no wet streaks. Mix really well.
- Fold in the cranberries and walnuts.
- Drop into parchment lined pan. Even it out. top with pepitas
- Bake at pre-heated 365 degrees F / 180ºc for 55 to 65 minutes or until a toothpick from the center comes out almost clean with no liquid stuck to it. the bake time will depend on the consistency of the pumpkin puree and banana.
- Cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Remove from the pan and cool completely before slicing with a serrated knife. Preferably chill in the refrigerator for an hour or so before slicing.