Cranberry Blueberry Crumb Bars. Easy Blueberry Bars. Crumble bars with blueberry cranberry chia layer, shortbread and oat crumb topping. Vegan Recipe. Pin this post.
These bars are a perfect snack. Lightly sweet, lightly sour filling on a shortbread kind of crust topped with the same crust crumb! I used cranberries and blueberries in these. Use any other berries or combination of berries like raspberries, strawberries, black berries. All those antioxidants. Add some almond slivers or seeds on top to make these more filling.
The crust is filled with oats and almonds, some vanilla and cinnamon. The berries are cooked until they break down, then layered on the crust. some of the crust is sprinkled on top. Baked and done. Crumbly, lightly sweet, with a tart sweet berry filling, few ingredients, uses 1 bowl and 1 pan.
More Berry filled Snack and Breakfast options from the blog
- Frozen Strawberry Blueberry bars
- GF Blueberry Chocolate chip muffins
- Blueberry Hazelnut Chocolate Hemp Smoothie bowl
- Spelt almond Blueberry muffins
So crumbly and so fun.
This week I have Bajirao Mastani movie video songs on loop. Most Bollywood movies are musicals. The director is so meticulous and detailed that all his movies are breathtakingly beautiful and enthralling. Watch some of the videos here.
Mix the dry and wet ingredients of the crust until crumbly. Press into a loaf pan.
Spread the berry mixture then sprinkle left over crust mixture on top. Bake to golden. Cool, slice, share.
Cranberry Blueberry Crumb Bars
For the Cranberry Blueberry layer:
- 3/4 to 1 cup (111 g) blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup (50 g) cranberries fresh or frozen
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp sugar raw or other
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 3/4 cup (90 g) whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup (60.75 g) old fashioned oats use certified gf if needed
- 1/4 cup (28 g) almond flour
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) salt
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) cinnamon
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup (59.15 g) ground sugar unrefined raw or other
- 2 tbsp solid coconut oil
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp or more almond milk
Cranberry Blueberry layer:
- Mix everything in a saucepan and cook over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until most of the berries break down. Mash some the berries.
For the crust:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F / 180ºc.
- In a bowl, add all ingredients through sugar. mix well. Add oil, lime juice and vanilla and mix in well with your hands.
- Sprinkle almond milk on the mixture and mix until the mixture is crumbly but starts to stick together.
- Press 3/4 of the mixture in a parchment lined pan until even. (9 by 5 inch)
- Pour the blueberry cranberry mix on the crust and spread evenly.
- Spread rest of the crust on top to make the crumb. spray oil on top (optional)
- Bake for 35 minutes or longer until golden on top. Cool for 10 mins, then remove from the pan. Cool another 10 mins or more before slicing. Store on the counter for the day or refrigerated for upto 4 days.