Avocado Pasta with Smoky Pecans. This 20 Minute Creamy Avocado Basil Sauce is great over spaghetti or zoodles. Serve with smoky spicy pecans for amazing flavor. Vegan Soyfree Recipe. Can be nutfree.
The minute your avocado is ripe and you realize you don’t want an avocado toast, enter this Creamy and Easy Avocado Pasta sauce! I mean it is practically avocado toast. Flour stuff, avocado and toasty pecans :)/
Simple everyday ingredients, super quick and great when paired with some smoky roasted pecans (or use tempeh crumbles or vegan bacon bits etc). Add a side salad for a filling dinner.
This pasta is great for summer. Not too hot, not too heavy.
Easy, Creamy, Dreamy, Smoky! How do you use up your avocado?
More Pastas from the blog
- Garlic Pasta with Cajun Cauliflower – super popular
- Rose Sauce Farfalle – so Creamy!
- Lentil Bolognese with Spaghetti.– Hearty
- Cauliflower Parmesan Pasta Bake – sliced cauliflower, baked then dressed in vegan mozz, baked over pasta
- Pumpkin Sage Pasta with pumpkin cream sauce and crisp Sage . so good.
- Black pepper Mac and Cheese with Potato Carrot Cheese Sauce
- Chickpea Chorizo, Quinoa shells in tomato sauce. GF – So Meaty.
Most of these can be made gluten-free by using gluten-free pasta. Confession, no one in my house really likes avocado, they just tolerate it in certain ways. This includes me 🙂 . Have you noticed the dearth of avocado toasts on the blog or my instagram? It just doesn’t agree with my tummy that way. This pasta, in dressing overs tacos or guacamole is how we use it most frequently.
Avocado Pasta with Smoky Pecans
- 8 oz (226.8 g) pasta such as spaghetti
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 small clove of garlic or 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (6 g) packed basil , plus additional for garnish
- 3/4 cup (187.5 ml) water
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) salt
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- black pepper or cayenne
- zest of 1/2 a lemon divided
- 1/2 cup (49.5 g) chopped pecans
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) sweet paprika
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) salt
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) oregano
- Cook the pasta/spaghetti according to package instructions, Drain.
- Blend the avocado with the rest of the ingredients and zest of quarter of a lemon. add more water as needed. Taste and adjust flavor.
- Make the smoky pecans (or use smoky tempeh , see notes): You can Bake or cook on the stove top: Add oil to the pecans and mix well. Add the spices, mix to coat and bake at 325 degrees F for for 15-20 minutes.Skillet: Add pecans and oil to a skillet over medium heat. Cook for 3 to 4 mins,, stir occasionally to roast. Add the spices and salt and mix in. Cook for half a minute.
- Mix the avocado sauce and pasta. Garnish with the smoky pecans, chopped basil, remaining lemon zest and serve.