Vegan Cauliflower Parmesan Pasta Bake. Casserole with Pasta, marinara sauce, Crispy Cauliflower slices coated in breadcrumbs and spices, and vegan mozzarella make a great Cauliflower Parmigiana. Soy-free Recipe. Can be gluten-free
This Cauliflower Parmesan Bake you all has everything you want in the parmigiana, Crispy Cauliflower, tomatoey sauce and all the cheesyness.
The process is pretty short and straightforward. Bake the cauliflower slices to cook and roast them to al dente. Then top with some vegan mozzarella and herbed breadrumb mixture and place over the pasta mixture. Bake until hot and bubble and crispy. You can also bread the cauliflower and bake instead. Make it whichever way. Serve with some rusty garlic bread.
More pastas from the blog.
- Pumpkin Sage Pasta with pumpkin cream sauce and crisp Sage
- Black pepper Mac and Cheese
- Chickpea Chorizo, Quinoa shells in tomato sauce.
- Zesty Pesto Pasta with chard and zucchini
- Ziti Cheddar Brussels sprouts bake
Bake the Cauliflower slices
Assemble your bake
Add cauliflower on top.
Add the mozzarella and breadcrumb mixture.
Bake to melt the cheese and crisp the top. Serve! Make it and let me know how it worked out. Please Rate the recipe too!
Vegan Cauliflower Parmesan Pasta Bake
- 1/4 inch (0.25 inch) slices from half a head of cauliflower
- olive oil to brush
- 2 teaspoons old bay seasoning
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 8 oz (226.8 g) pasta
- 2.5 cups (312.5 g) of marinara or tomato basil sauce plus more for serving
- vegan mozzarella slices such as miyoko's kitchen
- or use my cashew mozzarella
- or use my cauliflower alfredo
- 1/3 cup (36 g) breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons vegan parmesan or nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) paprika smoked or regular
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) onion powder
- 1 tsp italian herb blend
- pepper flakes as needed
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F/ 200ºc.
- Place cauliflower slices on parchment lined sheet. Spray or brush olive oil. Sprinkle with old bay seasoning, garlic, salt and pepper. Bake for 17 to 18 minutes. *See alternate breaded cauliflower in notes.
- Meanwhile, Boil the water for the pasta in a saucepan, add the pasta and cook to al dente. Drain and add to a baking dish.
- Add marinara or tomato basil sauce and toss to coat. Add 1/4 cup water on the edges.
- Place the baked cauliflower on the pasta. Spread vegan mozzarella slices on the cauliflower.
- In a bowl mix breadcrumbs with vegan parm. Sprinkle this all over the cauliflower slices and the pasta.
- Bake at 400 degrees F / 200ºc for 20 to 25 minutes or until mozzarella is melted and bubbly. Sprinkle fresh chopped basil leaves and pepper flakes. Serve with crusty garlic bread and additional marinara on top.
Double the breadcrumb mixture and put in a shallow bowl. In another bowl, add 1/3 cup aquafaba (chickpea brine), or 2 flax eggs(2 tbsp flax seed meal mixed with 5 tbsp water).
Dip the cauliflower slice in aquafaba bowl, then in the breadcrumb mixture to coat. Place on baking sheet, spray oil on top and bake for 18 minutes.
Proceed with the pasta assembly. ** Heat the blended cashew mozzarella cream in a skillet over medium heat until evenly thickened (3 mins, stir occasionally),to use as mozzarella. To make this gluten-free: Use gluten-free pasta and gluten-free breadcrumbs Nutritional values based on one serving