Easy Chia Orange Cranberry Muffins. These breakfast Muffins are simple and full of flavor. Blend up the wet and dry in a blender, pour and bake. Vegan Nut-free Soy-free Recipe. Makes 11 to 12 muffins. 1 Bowl or Blender, 6 Main Ingredients!
These Zesty Orange Muffins are perfect to add the sunshine to your day. They are super easy. Put all the wet in a blender, blend. Add chia seeds and let ithem sit for a few minutes. Then blend in the dry, pour into muffin pan, bake and done.
Beautiful, fluffy, zesty, seedy muffins.
Just like my Lemon Coconut Chia Muffins, these are citrusy fluffy muffins have chia seeds for a bit of texture. Orange juice helps the muffins brown and caramelize on top. Add any berries of choice. I had a big bag of frozen cranberries from fall which needed using and orange and cranberries are a perfect combination.
More breakfast options
- Banana Walnut Breakfast Loaf. Gluten-free
- Moist 1 Bowl Banana Coconut Walnut Bread.
- Turmeric Pumpkin Chocolate Marble Loaf.
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
If you make these easy muffins, do tag me on Instagram, or leave a comment and rating on this post!
Make the batter and pour into muffin pan. Top with cranberries
Bake for 20 to 22 minutes.
Cool for a few minutes and serve.
Blender Chia Orange Cranberry Muffins
- 1 cup (248 ml) orange juice
- 2 tbsp oil
- zest of 1/2 an orange
- 1/2 cup (100 g) sugar (scant) I usually use a combination of coconut and unrefined raw sugar
- ½ tsp (0.5 tsp) vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 1/4 cup (156.25 g) flour I use 3/4 cup spelt/ whole wheat and 1/2 cup white
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp (0.25 tsp) salt
- 1/2 cup (50 g) frozen cranberries
- Blend the wet ingredients except chia seeds. Fold in chia seeds and let sit for 10 mins to hydrate the seeds a bit.
- Line a muffin pan with muffin liners. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F / 190ºc.
- Add the dry ingredients to the blender and pulse a few times to combine. Alternatively, add and whisk all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Add to wet and mix to combine. The batter should be somewhat flowy but not runny. If too runny, add a tbsp or more flour and mix in.
- Drop the batter into lined muffin pan. Add cranberries or other berries on top. Sprinkle some chia seeds on top (optional).
- Bake for 20 to 22 mins.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the pan then a few minutes on the counter before serving. The muffins can be kept on the counter (covered) for the day, or refrigerated upto 5 days.