A warm spiced ginger cake that’s great as a treat or snack any time of the day. So easy to prepare and full of delicious Fall flavors. Vegan Recipe. Jump to Recipe
Whats better than a warm spiced up Ginger Cake on a cold cloudy afternoon!!!
- 1.5 cups (190 g) self rising flour
- 1 cup (120 g) whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup (30 g) bran
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) salt
- 2/3 cup (150 g) dark brown sugar or regular sugar
- 1/3 cup (113 g) maple syrup
- 1/ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) nutmeg powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) pumpkin spice powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) cloves powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 flax egg
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons (2 Tablespoons) grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup (55 g) chopped candied crystallized ginger
- 1/3 cup (70 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (250 ml) warm water
- In a large bowl mix all the flours, salt and baking powder. Mix well.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients except grated and candied ginger and blend them well.
- Add in the fresh and candied ginger and give a quick mix.
- Pour batter in well greased pan
- Bake at 360 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean!
- Enjoy a slice anytime of the day!!
- To cut candied ginger, cover the slices in flour and apply oil on the knife to reduce the stickiness while chopping. Also, I usually like my baked goods less sweet.
- For regular sweetness add 1 cup sugar (225g)! Vegan Version: Replace egg by any egg replacer or a teaspoon of flax meal mixed in 3 teaspoons water.
- Adjust water to get thick batter, not too runny. Bake and gobble with some tea or coffee!
- Nutritional value is based on 1 serving.