Spinach and Browned mushroom fusilli
- 2 cups (120 g) whole grain Fusilli cooked al-dente
- 1.5 cups (339 g) chopped/sliced mushrooms white, medium portabellas, shittake, any of choice
- 2 cups (60 g) chopped packed spinach
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1-2 teaspoons (1 teaspoons) herbs of choice I used fresh thyme and basil
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) chili flakes or to taste
- Cook the Fusilli or any pasta of choice according to instructions. Reserve some of the water
- In a large pan, add 1 tbsp oil and heat on low-medium.
- Add the mushrooms, a pinch of salt, Mix well to coat and cook partially covered for 10-15 minutes until mushrooms start to brown. Stir 2-3 times in between.
- Add spinach, mix and cook covered till wilted, 3-5 minutes.
- Add the salt, pepper and herbs and a 1/4 cup or more reserve water.
- Mix well, let simmer on low, covered for 2-3 minutes. Fold in the extra virgin olive oil and minced garlic and mix well.
- Add pasta, mix, taste, adjust salt, spice, herbs. Take off heat after a minute.
- Serve hot!